Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If this did happen any good will for the Lerner will be gone you can not sell 3 players of the ilk of Downing ,Young and Bent in the same season and have fan's accept it.

I doub it will happen this season anyway and it would take a huge fee to make it happen as well so I won't worry too much yet.

Just get the right money Faulkner, don't sell him to them tramps on the cheap

You really don't get it do you ?

If liverpool make a take or leave it offer of around £15m - i would fully expect Bent to be sold. Football is very much a secondary consideration - Lerner wants to recoup the cash - I can't believe people can't see this.

ans should we get £15m - expect no more than £6m to be invested in the team.

If this happens you can thank a Mr. Randolph Lerner for being such a clueless, inept owner.

If this does happen then it could quite possibly turn the wrath of the fans from McLeish to Lerner.

Atkinson, Little, Gregory, DOL, O'Neill. All started well, all got the fans into believing that we could do something, all bar DOL got to cup finals. And then the inevitable collapse into mediocrity. Rinse and repeat. That's our Premier League legacy.

Does anyone know exactly what the add-ons were? It was 18m + 6m worth of addons. Anyone know what boxes he has ticked of those, if any?

If we accept a penny less than what we have paid then we are bigger mugs and we have ourselves credit for.

I can't see Liverpool being interested in buying another striker, after spending £55m on two of them less than a year ago, regardless of Suarez's ban and Carroll's shitness.

I think it's just lazy journalism. "Bent to a bigger club. They need to have money. Not to City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal. Already played for Spurs. Ah, Liverpool. Suarez is banned, in goes Bent. Story written."

Can't see it happening, not this window anyway.

We won't make a profit on him. We overpaid in desperation, and any buyers out there are not going to be in the same situation (unless someone scared of relegation finds quite a few mill down the back of the sofa). I actually don't think those in charge at the club will be too upset to sell at a 'decent' price either, he's the last big money asset that can be flogged for quick buck - they'll accept the hit on the purchase price in favour of the money to do as they will with.

I don't see him being here by the close of the summer window. Can't say I'd blame him either for leaving given the chance.

Don't think we overpaid. £18m for Bent when the following weeks had Suarez £23m, Carroll £35m and £50m Torres. We underpaid if anything, in my opinion. A regular scoring in his prime who is English for £18m is pretty damn good.

King Kenny can go **** off!

if after all the crap about Young, Downing , Milner, Barry etc we then sell another player we don't need to sell then what is the **** point.

all this we need to cash in and are desperate for money is just horseshit - Randy may not be the full ticket but he's not going to take a loss on a player which in my opinion we didn't pay over the odds for - compared to fat thug carroll at 35mil, that makes Bent worth at least £60 mil as he scores goals even Torres doesn't manage that.

where will the goals come from if we sell Bent? Gabby has been excellent but he's not a prolific goal scorer, so Delf, Heskey and Weiman?? Yeah right..........

weren't the £6m add ons related to England caps / Euro qualification / Amount of goals & time spent with Villa related

Indeed. I'll be surprised if we are due to pay more than £20m to date.

I remember Phil Upton on Radio WM kept saying we had over paid at £24m and he'd want Torres for that. It drove me mad and I almost rang up to complain (but that's what they want I guess), based on at least these two points:

1) If we end up paying £24m it would have meant Bent had been very successful for Villa and would be worth every penny.

2) There was no way Torres would be sold for £18m rising to £24m with success. A few days later he was transfered for £50m.

Â