Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

What can't be helping bent is seeing Sturridge and wellbeck performing for big clubs this season and knowing his place in the England team is under serious threat.

I don't think his attitude has been right this year and it's probably down to the loss of young and downing and how terrible the football is under Mcleish.

I'm really not convinced by Bent's attitude. I know Alex McCruyff isn't helping matters but Bent left Spurs and Sunderland under a cloud. I just hope the same thing isn't happening here.

Yes hes a threat, a very good goalscorer in the premier league and I cant argue with that. But we dont have the quality elsewhere to cater for his limited game - especially when hes not actually scoring (like he isnt this season).

Hadn't you noticed this at EVERY other club he'd played at before joining us ?

The game is littered with great goalscorers that do next to nothing else but stick the ball in the net

Considering how shit we've been, i'm also of the opinion 5 goals so far is nothing to be sniffed at. Its the same amount as the much lauded Suarez (and in three less games), more than Gervino, more than Walcott, more than Torres, more than Drogba, more than Saha ...

If Bent was a miracle man, and the MYTHICAL striker that puts 100% of his chances away he'd still be lucky to be on 10

I think i've seen Van Persie get more chances in one game than I can recall Bent getting all season so far. Thats the PROBLEM

In the last two games we have had 58% posession at home to Arsenal (when have we EVER had that amount of posession against them under Wenger?) and Stoke away where we normally get battered for 90 mins. If Bent had played I would hazard a guess we would not have had anywhere near this amount of the ball.

Key is getting a partner with Gabby, a proper number 10. Oh to be able to sign Paul Merson now or even Benito Carbone. Either would be perfect and could play equally with Gabby or Bent.

Bent has missed too many sitters this season, why I'm not sure, confidence ? Bad Luck ? lack of concentration ?

To put into perspective, he's on 5, Yakubu is on 10

yakubu is an excellent premier league striker who i would've welcomed here before we got bent

take a step back guys...moyes could not get the best out of yakubu. what makes you thing amc would get any more out of him then moyes?

Richard_Buxton_ Richard Buxton

Liverpool make enquiry for Aston Villa's Darren Bent bit.ly/rRGjNE #LFC #AVFC

FFS here we go.

I'm truly convinced this "injury" he has is all a smokescreen and a deal was agreed over a week ago

“It all depends on the way you actually play and you have to play to someone’s strengths,” Barnes told talkSPORT.

“I don’t know if he is the type of player that they want, he likes to be direct, play over the top, run on quickly.

"Liverpool don’t play that way and as good as Darren Bent is a good goal-scorer in the right team, I don’t know whether he’d fit at Liverpool.”

Well the inevitable is happening. Who didnt see this coming? A few of my thoughts...

1. No doubt the first thing he will say at the unveiling press conference "I believe Liverpool's position is false..."

2. Deep down I always thought that his 9 goals in 16 games last season would be his most significant contribution to Aston Villa and so it proved.

3. In this case, I dont even blame him. When he arrived he had a somewhat competent manager and Young, Downing and Walker providing chances for him now he has lost form, isnt getting chances and the club is going nowhere. Why the hell should he stay? He has a place at the Euros to play for and at nearly 28, needs to go somewhere where there is a future because there certainly isnt one here.

4. Thanks Darren for Man City home and Arsenal away, great memopries. And thank you for saving us from relegation. No bitterness here.

If Bent leaves Villa our conversion from good/decent premier league side to standard bottom half of the table club would be complete! We'd have to do some incredible business in January if it happened, just to start appeasing the fans.

Â