Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Fans leave the stadium while the team is losing, what's the difference?

The bigger question is not why wasn't Bent watching Villa, but why were Villa fans going shopping instead of supporting the team, if less people went shopping and turned upto the ground we might actually be in a better situation.

I mean look at Stoke, yes horrible team/tactics but my god do there fans back the team. If we were half as passionate we might actually make some noise for a change.

?

you think it is the crowds fault we are losing rather than the shit that is faulkner decided to employ the shit ginger clunge?

and then the ginger clunge doing exactly what anyone with half a brain cell said he would which would be to produce poor unattractive ineffective hoofball which will have the club looking like shit?

you think fans who all look inbred and want to fight as it is the only thing they can do as they dont work and there is **** all else for them to look forward to in their dull lives are passionate and that is why stoke have become a team our currently shittly managed team fears?

oh my! :|

It's embarassing really.

It is no wonder Bent doesn't want to be here. Since he's arrived, he's seen the manager who signed him leave, the two creative players who gave him his chances leave, and the style of football that suited his game leave.

Hopefully we'll start to play more like we did against Arsenal for the rest of the season. Bent would have loved that game given our passing and attacking approach, so if we start doing that more often we might convince him that there is a point to staying at the club.

It is no wonder Bent doesn't want to be here. Since he's arrived, he's seen the manager who signed him leave, the two creative players who gave him his chances leave, and the style of football that suited his game leave.

Hopefully we'll start to play more like we did against Arsenal for the rest of the season. Bent would have loved that game given our passing and attacking approach, so if we start doing that more often we might convince him that there is a point to staying at the club.

I agree on all counts there, but who says he doesn't want to be here? I think that's a bit presumptuous.

I agree on all counts there, but who says he doesn't want to be here? I think that's a bit presumptuous.

Presumptuous indeed, but he hasn't looked himself this season. Hasn't been making the same runs he normally would, hasn't looked confident. Combine that with being out and about rather than at the game, it doesn't really spell happiness.

To be fair I don't think he's changed at all, we're just not getting anywhere near as much service to him due to McLeish's negative tactics.

That's certainly part of it, but I do think the negative tactics has changed his attitude. Not massively, but enough to affect things.

I remember the Norwich game being a key example. Bent could have had five goals that game, but he rarely made a run to the near post to gamble ahead of the defender. He did for the first goal, but the second wasn't a good run, the ball was just good enough to reach him. In the first half, Gabby even through his arms in frustration because he put another ball in and yet again Bent wasn't trying to get to it first.

He definitely spends more time waiting for the ball rather than running to meet it now. And I think it is the result of tactics, combined with losing Young and Downing. Now that we've gone long ball, he's seeing less of it and being given less chances so he's thought "what's the point of trying?"

Don't get me wrong, we and he will certainly score more goals and win more games if we play like we did against Norwich. And Arsenal too. But I do think he can give more than he has been. Hopefully things will click into place and we'll get him firing in the New Year.

I think Bent would have had a couple against Arsenal. Some of the balls that we delivered were dangerous but we had nobody coming in on the end of them. Now Albrighton and N'Zogbia have started to play well I think we'll see a lot more of Bent.

I think Bent would have had a couple against Arsenal. Some of the balls that we delivered were dangerous but we had nobody coming in on the end of them. Now Albrighton and N'Zogbia have started to play well I think we'll see a lot more of Bent.

agreed, all he needs is good, consistent service and he will score goals regularly

same goes for gabby, bent has strength, gabby has pace, if nzog and marc can perform like that every game and keep whipping the crosses in, with petrov aloud to roam and get forward, theres our opportunities right there

I cannot fathom why people would want to get rid of Bent. I

t's almost as if people are saying that we wouldn't miss him much just in case he leaves so they can say well I wanted him to go anyway.

I don't think anyone wants us to get rid of him, but realise we may have teams knocking on our door with offers, and it may not be a bad idea to consider them, as the money would help us bring some more players in, we've got a goalscorer that can replace him in Agbonlahor, and he want to leave if it's some live Arsenal.

I'm sure i read somewhere than Lerner wants to clear the squad of overpaid rubbish, such as Beye, but once thats done, he's ready to reinvest in the side. However, that may just be rubbish, meaning there will be no money to spend, and if this was the case, selling Bent may not be a bad idea in the long run.

bent might be on a high wage, but hes certainly on rubbish, its not like hes an expensive fringe player like beye, makoun or heskey

these are only the deadwood, but getting rid of these, we could buy either a leading midfielder and another top striker to push gabby and bent

more shit from nursey

McLeish admits: I could sell Bent

Published 22:30 25/12/11 By James Nursey

Alex McLeish has admitted for the first time Aston Villa's England striker Darren Bent could leave next month - providing they get an irresistible bid.

Villa are willing to listen to offers for many of their stars to raise funds for boss McLeish, who must sell to buy.

He has already considered "sacrificing" captain Stiliyan Petrov.

Bent's commitment has been questioned after he was seen shopping in the televised defeat to Liverpool while injured.

QPR are interested in Bent, 27, who cost £18million from Sunderland a year ago.

McLeish said: "I wouldn't think anybody can afford Darren. I wouldn't think so.

"It is very much a kind of juggling of the balls at the moment.

"We have got to trade carefully so that means I can't just go into the market without there being a kind of balance.

"But losing a striker of Darren's ability would be difficult to replace.

"His goals last season were a vital part of Villa's season in terms of keeping them up."

McLeish is wary after his shot-shy Birmingham side were relegated last season after scoring just 37 goals in 38 games.

He added: "People say that strikers make the difference in this league.

"That was something that badly affected Birmingham City last year when we lost Nikola Zigic after the League Cup final and Obafemi Martins breaking his leg was a massive blow to that club."

I'm no professor of English but where in AMc's words does he 'admit he could sell Darren Bent' - as the headline states????

More horse-shit from The Mirror and their chief retard.

Â