Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He'll hand his transfer request next month.

Good. The mans a total waste of time in this current set-up. Partly due to the set -up and partly due to his lack of ability.

Behave. :lol: He showed last season that given the right set up he can score goals for fun. If you think Bent leaving is good then you're absolutely barking mad. :shock:

Yes, but its quite clear that the right set up for Bent isn't going to happen. He also seems unwilling/unable to adapt to the system.

All that indicates is that it's the manager that needs to go, not Bent.

What do you mean, unwilling? Unless you just expect him to grow 5 inches and bulk up into a big clogger then what else can he do?

Wanting rid of Bent is madness. He has the fewest touches out of any player this season and still has 5 goals. If the tactics were playing to his strengths he would have a minimum of 10 goals now.

Makes me pissed off that there is a massive chance he'll be gone this January. Why would he want to stay here if nothing is being done? All the stuff McLeish has said has never been reflected on the pitch.

Its not Bent who needs to change, its the manager and his tactics. Why should Bent change the way he plays, a style that has seen him score goal after goal at this level, just to accomodate a tactically inept manager?

The sad thing is, the board are not football men and wont/cant see it.

I think it is disgusting that Bent refuses to grow and become a completely different type of player, terrible attitude.

He needs to focus on growing and being as good as Zigic.

Or we could just get rid of the manager.

Or we could sell Bent, and give the money to the manager to build his own side, something he has clearly not had the chance to do yet.

Managers need to be given time to build and shape their own squad and team. McLeish has as yet had no such chance.

If the owner both rates and backs the manager, that is what should happen.

If the owner seeks to change the manager soon (again) it will be another sign of shockingly inept ownership. They've only just bought him in, and have not yet 'backed' him in any meaningful way. It is for these reasons that I'd be shocked if he goes anywhere anytime soon.

Its not Bent who needs to change, its the manager and his tactics. Why should Bent change the way he plays, a style that has seen him score goal after goal at this level, just to accomodate a tactically inept manager?

Agree.

McShite is to blame.

We have Heskey as a midfielder.

Bent has fewest touches in the entire Premiership for a good reason.

We have poor midfield made even poorer by our utter shite curmudgeon manager.

Sack McCrap pronto.

Or we could sell Bent, and give the money to the manager to build his own side, something he has clearly not had the chance to do yet.

Managers need to be given time to build and shape their own squad and team. McLeish has as yet had no such chance.

:shock:

No.

i would dread to think what this turd of a manager would "build"

Good. The mans a total waste of time in this current set-up. Partly due to the set -up and partly due to his lack of ability.

Behave. :lol: He showed last season that given the right set up he can score goals for fun. If you think Bent leaving is good then you're absolutely barking mad. :shock:

Yes, but its quite clear that the right set up for Bent isn't going to happen. He also seems unwilling/unable to adapt to the system.

Why should he? He's scored 143 PL goals doing what he does and playing how he plays. Its AM who should change his tactics to accomadate Bent...not the other way round.

The way he plays has worked everywhere else.

Im not disputing that Wiggy. The point is the two don't work and both seem unwilling or unable to adapt for various reasons. Whether its Mcliesh who should go or not, are they really gonna sack him. No of course not - and while weve got Mcliesh, Bent appears useless

The daft thing is - all hes gotta do is look half interested for his 70k a week and Id feel sorry for him too.

For that kind of money, for me, you should be doing exactly what the boss tells you to do with passion and a smile on your face - whether you agree with it or not. IMO, you dont take ya bat home on 70 quid a week - nevermind 70k.

I think it is disgusting that Bent refuses to grow and become a completely different type of player, terrible attitude.

If the owner seeks to change the manager soon (again) it will be another sign of shockingly inept ownership. They've only just bought him in, and have not yet 'backed' him in any meaningful way. It is for these reasons that I'd be shocked if he goes anywhere anytime soon.

Right, so sell oneof few remaining assets and hope McLeish can get a team of larssons, Ridgewells, zigic's into the higher echelons of the division. I seem to remember he'stried that before and got his team relegated.

You are talking some right pap. Sell bent to try and help McLeish. Are you related to him or something? No right-minded Villa fan would countenance such rubbish.

I strong disagree with this. McLeish has already been given 17m of his choosing and most of that was wasted on rubbish. It'll just be another MON legacy full of average players who have an attitude problem if he was given any more money.

Right, so sell oneof few remaining assets and hope McLeish can get a team of larssons, Ridgewells, zigic's into the higher echelons of the division. I seem to remember he'stried that before and got his team relegated.

You are talking some right pap. Sell bent to try and help McLeish. Are you related to him or something? No right-minded Villa fan would countenance such rubbish.

Agree.

Hes talking complete crap.

Dangerous crap at that as well!

Either way we lose.

I don't trust McLeish to spend the money wisely and I don't trust Lerner to make a better appointment next time around.

Given the choice though I'd rather Bent stays, McLeish goes and Lerner tries again sooner or later he has to get it right even if only by accident.

This idea of having to adapt is absurd. Would you want Gary Lineker to adapt to being a winger? Barcelona wanted him to, it wasn't his game so he left. Cilve Allen playing attacking midfield? Andy Cole playing in the hole? The point is that all these players are sniffers, poachers, and you build teams around them because they win you games. you dion't tell them to join in with a bunch of cloggers hoping that it comes good.

Why should he? He's scored 143 PL goals doing what he does and playing how he plays. Its AM who should change his tactics to accomadate Bent...not the other way round.

The way he plays has worked everywhere else.

Im not disputing that Wiggy. The point is the two don't work and both seem unwilling or unable to adapt for various reasons. Whether its Mcliesh who should go or not, are they really gonna sack him. No of course not - and while weve got Mcliesh, Bent appears useless

The daft thing is - all hes gotta do is look half interested for his 70k a week and Id feel sorry for him too.

For that kind of money, for me, you should be doing exactly what the boss tells you to do with passion and a smile on your face - whether you agree with it or not. IMO, you dont take ya bat home on 70 quid a week - nevermind 70k.

He does look interested though. He drops deep to try and keep possession of the ball. Most of the time though he has to try and win aerial battles against players like Vidic. It's complete madness. And did you see his reaction when Heskey tried that shot that went out for a throwing? Why wasn't he passed the ball? It's like the players are instructed of shooting outside the box. I feel sorry for him.

This idea of having to adapt is absurd. Would you want Gary Lineker to adapt to being a winger? Barcelona wanted him to, it wasn't his game so he left. Cilve Allen playing attacking midfield? Andy Cole playing in the hole? The point is that all these players are sniffers, poachers, and you build teams around them because they win you games. you dion't tell them to join in with a bunch of cloggers hoping that it comes good.

Exactly what ive been trying to get at. :thumb:

Â