Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If City came in with a 30m bid, would you sell? More importantly, would the club sell?

i dont think they would after what happened with milner and the void that created

they can see the professionalism and value of benty

we need to keep moving forwards in order to keep players like him happy, which is why we need to get a top manager who will install the confidence in the players and convince the best ones we are going places.

he is by far our most important player, goals are what wins games and he scores goals.

if only some of our other players had the same attitude

If City came in with a 30m bid, would you sell? More importantly, would the club sell?

Carroll cost £35m, he's unproven in the prem.

Bent is proven to consistently perform in the prem, ergo he's worth more.

I wouldn't accept less than £40m for him.

Carroll cost £35m, he's unproven in the prem.

Bent is proven to consistently perform in the prem, ergo he's worth more.

I wouldn't accept less than £40m for him.

I wouldnt sell him for 50 million, he is that important to us. As far as strikers go he is probably the best we could attract at the minute anyway. I believe he is world class and there arent many other world class strikers that would be willing to come here IMO.

The money is irrelevant really. Hes priceless to us.

Im just not sure the board use the same train of thought...

No other player in the prem is as consistent at scoring goals as Bent.

Sure there is better players but with Bent we are guarenteed a minimum of 15 goals a season every season, i dont think the same can be said for any other player inc Rooney, Tevez, Drogba.

Sure there is better players but with Bent we are guarenteed a minimum of 15 goals a season every season, i dont think the same can be said for any other player inc Rooney, Tevez, Drogba.

Rooney has scored 15+ goals in each of the last 6 seasons, Tevez in each of the last 4, and Drogba has managed 13+ in each of the last 7 seasons (only 2 seasons below 15), so I think the same can be said for them.

Rooney has scored 15+ goals in each of the last 6 seasons, Tevez in each of the last 4, and Drogba has managed 13+ in each of the last 7 seasons (only 2 seasons below 15), so I think the same can be said for them.

To be fair they all play for teams in the top four....Berbatov was the leading goalscorer this season in the PL but was left out of the Man U squad for the CL final. If DB played for Arsenal I am quietly confident he would score 25 league goals....didn't he finish Spurs leading scorer the season Dirty Harry slaughtered him....IMHO he is an average player like Gary Lineker was but like Lineker the kid scores goals. I like all Villa fans knew we should have signed him 3/4/5 seasons ago. DB9 will be a Holte End LEGEND!!!!!

He is definatly not leaving this summer, 100% no way.

If we sell both Ashley and Downing, i think we may have a big problem in keeping him to be honest.

We dont know what was promised him when he signed, but im pretty sure him playing with these two, and a statement of our ambition was part of it.

The only way we can redeem this, is select a manager that will automaticly gain our unsettled players respect, then give him the money to make a couple of signings on the scale of Darren Bent's.

I think the Ashley deal is more or less done, so we have less chance with him. But im sure we can persuade DJ.

What we dont want, is the likes of Liverpool and Spurs spending a lot on established players, whilst we are seen to be purchasing average journeyman.

The ball is firmly in Randies court on this one, starting with the manager.

Neither Bent nor Downing will go.

I agree, but we need to up our intentions....which, if im honest, i think we will.

Im sure Randy would have been having kittens at times last season, when he though about how much relegation would cost him. Im sure he will be saying, never again.... :winkold:

I think we will too. I expect the new man in charge to be backed heavily, as has been the case under Randy.

He has to be the right man though. He has to be someone that people like Downing will have instant respect for, and be excited to work with him.

We need a feeling around the place similar to when we hired Fat Ron and Goggle Face. :winkold:

Â