Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And thats why we are going down.

There's a big jump between going a goal down with 89 minutes left and not getting three points from five games.

Not much of a jump from not getting three points from five games (especially when these are against teams around us who actually seem to give a **** about staying up) and the whole of this season so far.

West Ham - a team also fighting relegation and want it more look like they'll beat us.

Stoke - who we don't seem to be able to beat.

WBA - away, which these days is unfortunately like starting 1-0 down. A team with fight, want to stay in the league and are playing better than us. Currently beating Chelsea.

Wigan - Another team who seem to do well at Villa Park. Another team showing fight.

And then Arsenal and Liverpool.

I don't fancy us getting the points we need there.

Is not one of the arguments against Houllier that this is the same squad that finished sixth? Same could be said it's the same squad which went three months without a win, twice. Five games is nothing to these losers in Villa shirts.

Not Ash's fault - from that replay you can see their was still a direct threat on his side of the goal and he stayed to defend the line - once that was blocked he moved out.

I don't think he moved out fast enough and he should have been aware of Keane's position. Saying that, the back four should have been too.

:lol: And If Walker was out you would be slating Houllier for playing Cuellar. Cuellar should be playing, but at Centre back where he is MEANT to play.

Not Ash's fault - from that replay you can see their was still a direct threat on his side of the goal and he stayed to defend the line - once that was blocked he moved out.

I don't think he moved out fast enough and he should have been aware of Keane's position. Saying that, the back four should have been too.

ash had full view of play and ran out (too late) in the opposite direction of where the immediate danger was

he shouldve just stepped off the pitch

Walker has been poor for the last 2 games and at set pieces he's worse than Cuellar.

Good one Houllier.

Give it a rest mate.

There's a Houllier thread for you to moan in.

I wish I could figure out why the blend in our back 4 is not right. There is plenty of experience, indeed 2 international captains, and yet no leadership. They look lost, and they never used to.

the two centre backs are both a little prone to errors, so when they play together these days i think theyve both got one eye on the other expecting a **** up which means they cant concentrate on their own game

stick carlos in beside either of them and you'd see a much better defence all round