James Collins

AngelGabriel

I think Collins will go simply on the basis he is easier to sell. Personally I'm indifferent as to which of him or Dunne goes, ideally both should.

Semi off topic I do get fed up of the posters who believe we have a sell to buy policy simply because the Mirror has toLd them so.

I would prefer Collins to stay over dunne but clearly Collins will be easier to move on.

And I'm worried there seems to be a sell to buy policy from our actions at the moment, nothing to do with the mirror for me.

I very much doubt PL would have come to Villa under such a constraint. I rather suspect he is being a sensible as oppose to other previous managers I could mention.

Vlaar seemingly wants to come so why not try to move on some of the passengers before committing?

Personally I see this as coming totally from the likes of the Mirror and naff all to do with our actions. If you follow that logic we would flog Bent as he's probably our most valuable 'asset' to rebuild the squad.

I would prefer Collins to stay over dunne but clearly Collins will be easier to move on.

And I'm worried there seems to be a sell to buy policy from our actions at the moment, nothing to do with the mirror for me.

I very much doubt PL would have come to Villa under such a constraint. I rather suspect he is being a sensible as oppose to other previous managers I could mention.

Vlaar seemingly wants to come so why not try to move on some of the passengers before committing?

Personally I see this as coming totally from the likes of the Mirror and naff all to do with our actions. If you follow that logic we would flog Bent as he's probably our most valuable 'asset' to rebuild the squad.

Have you not read the comments from Vlaar today and over the weekend?

I'm basing my opinion on this not some bullshit paper.

I dont want to see Collins or Dunne in our team this season.For me both are past there best and make to many simple mistakes.They have been a major reason why our defence has been poor last few years.

I'd actually prefer we kept Collins and shipped out Dunne.

Collins is younger and isn't as error prone as Dunne. Neither of them would be my first choice centreback, but I'd rather keep Collins on the bench as our backup, than Dunne; eating up our wages (amongst other things).

To be honest Rob were more likely to get rid of Collins than Dunne, Dunne in my opinion on his day is a better defender than Collins. Collins is rash, hoof ball, always making last ditch tackles. Dunne against an in form Albion side showed what he can offer.

Latest tidbit. Shame.

Meanwhile, sources in the Midlands have played down weekend reports that Sunderland have signed James Collins and Stephen Warnock of Aston Villa.

Although there is interest in Warnock – Sunderland need a left-back to add to the squad – no signings are imminent. Both players were involved with Villa in their tour of America, which saw Paul Lambert’s side beat Chicago Fire 1-0 at the weekend.

Â