Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make of it what you will but this tweet from Mike Parry (ex Talksport) was made this afternoon.

"Interesting developments regards Moysey's future coming through soon #efc"

I have it on good authority that Moyes is going nowhere this summer.

Bullshit ! Moyes himself has even hinted at a US pre-season tour !

Your ITK's are shocking! :winkold:

I have it on good authority that Moyes is going nowhere this summer.

Is he under house arrest then? Wonder what he's done, that lady from Burma was locked up for years. Naughty Davey!!

Paul Lambert with Houllier as director of football would be perfect for me. Was saying Lambo on top choice before Houllier came in, even more so now. Though yet to manage in he prem, he has had success in every season so far as a manager. in different leagues each season. He is like MON, but with attractive football.

Paul Lambert with Houllier as director of football would be perfect for me. Was saying Lambo on top choice before Houllier came in, even more so now. Though yet to manage in he prem, he has had success in every season so far as a manager. in different leagues each season. He is like MON, but with attractive football.

And also schooled under Hitzfeld whist in Germany.

Good Call, especially as I don't really think that Norwich share his ambition (or at least are unable to fund it).

Shame he hasn't got any Premier League experience. He's clearly a good manager for Norwich but that doesn't mean he'd be good for Villa. I don't know what everyone sees in Lambert tbh.

Shame he hasn't got any Premier League experience. He's clearly a good manager for Norwich but that doesn't mean he'd be good for Villa. I don't know what everyone sees in Lambert tbh.
Granted, he is a risk to appoint as manager. But people have seen Paul Lambert rejuvenate a dejected and free falling club in League One and managed to transform them into Premiership team within two seasons. That is a phenomenal success which ever way you want to view it. Paul Lambert deserves all the praise he receives.

Although Lambert would not be my first choice, I would not rule him out completely for the job. The guy has potential and something special about him IMO.

The fact he's taken Norwich into the Premier League after taking over a side he thrashed 7-1? Talented young manager.

Lambert also showed his motivational abilities to get Wycombe to the League Cup semi final a couple of years ago. He's come a long way since his first managerial job at Livingston where he apparently had a shocker.

would be happy with lambert - no doubt would be a risk but he would be hungry and has done as good a job as he could with tbh anorwich team that does not really have any superstars in it unlike other champ teams (QPR, Cardiff, Swansea, Forest). He's snuck in there and got them playing to there absolute potential and he also has done good in the derbies with Ipswich which is never a bad thing o do good at!

i suppose it depends if he would meet with lerner's philosophy - gerard could be in charge of overall strategic player development! (whatever that would be!)

Question with Lambert is whether he could handle managing mulit-millionaire footballers who sulk if not in the team as opposed to the more grounded level of player he has been managing so far. That is the only question about his suitability as his record is outstanding so far.

Question with Lambert is whether he could handle managing mulit-millionaire footballers who sulk if not in the team as opposed to the more grounded level of player he has been managing so far. That is the only question about his suitability as his record is outstanding so far.

He won the Champions League as a player, so I'm sure he knows how top players behave.

would be happy with lambert - no doubt would be a risk but he would be hungry and has done as good a job as he could with tbh anorwich team that does not really have any superstars in it unlike other champ teams (QPR, Cardiff, Swansea, Forest). He's snuck in there and got them playing to there absolute potential and he also has done good in the derbies with Ipswich which is never a bad thing o do good at!

i suppose it depends if he would meet with lerner's philosophy - gerard could be in charge of overall strategic player development! (whatever that would be!)

Young promising managers are risky though:-

Aidy Bothroyd

Mark Mcghee

More recently Mateo at WBA - was very highly rated.

were both highly rated before they hit the prem.

Many years ago Arsenal poached a relatively untested George Graham from Millwall - he did well - villa then poached Graham Turner - if anything his record was slightly more impressive than George Graham's - He was a disaster at Villa.

I would see how he copes a couple of seasons into the prem