Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

It doesn't matter if we lost the game or not - that's the reason they were rested. It's called logic and I implore you to use it next time you type out a post.
It did have a damaging effect on the club, so it was not the smartest logic deployed by GH.

It was a calculated risk that didn't pay off - it very almost did though and I think that to say that it had a damaging effect is overly dramatic.

I think that if we didn't have fresher players, Bolton would have pumped us, which ultimately would have had a far worse affect.

Possible. I would still say that it had a damaging effect as it killed our momentum and infuriated the majority of supporters, ultimately putting a lot of pressure on GH.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be Rafa isn't it? I can just **** feel it.

Really, REALLY hope it isn't. I despised that pathetic excuse of a man for years.

Pretty much how I felt about Gerard too, he hasn't done to much to change that view, I doubt Rafa would either.

Really, REALLY hope it isn't. I despised that pathetic excuse of a man for years.

if he wins us trophies i couldnt give a damn!

He won't though, unless there is an all manager fancy dress competition and he goes as a fat Spanish waiter.

I agree with the sentiment but I doubt Rafa would win us any trophies. Personally, I think he would be even worse than having Houllier in the job.

Had it not been for Houllier this year, I would be fairly receptive to the idea of Benitez, but all he has done since moving back to the country is whine on about how much he loves plop, and I dont think I could stomach another manager like that.

How about Chris Wilder of Oxford United? He's done a fantastic job getting them back into the football league and keeping them there with no real significant funds.

He has done an excellent job, but he still needs to learn alot which he will do by coming up through the divisions. i don't think he is ready for the jump from league 2 to Prem.

How about Chris Wilder of Oxford United? He's done a fantastic job getting them back into the football league and keeping them there with no real significant funds.

He has done an excellent job, but he still needs to learn alot which he will do by coming up through the divisions. i don't think he is ready for the jump from league 2 to Prem.

I was actually joking. I mean, names from the Championship and League 1 have come up, why not go down even further? :):P

He won't though, unless there is an all manager fancy dress competition and he goes as a fat Spanish waiter.

:)

This. Assuming there IS a trophy for winning that competition. We could put it on the shelf below the Intertoto cup.

Had it not been for Houllier this year, I would be fairly receptive to the idea of Benitez, but all he has done since moving back to the country is whine on about how much he loves plop, and I dont think I could stomach another manager like that.

wow biggest exaggeration to ever grace this forum. Including 'Once in a generation player'.

Obviously I will have to suck it up and get behind whoever we appoint, but from where I'm sitting now, I just hope it isn't Rafa