Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather persist with Houllier than bring in Allardyce. These may not be the only two choices, of course, but I think we'd have a better pick of managers in the summer.

My feeling at the moment is that we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, but I'm nervous. I have advocated both sacking and persisting in the past, but my cautious optimism that we could improve and build next season has been eroded. There have been some merits to Houlliers reign, there have been some minor improvements, but I don't like him as a man and clearly neither do the players, who have never showed fight under him. He isn't the character we want long term.

So, Gerard, get us out of this mess you have created, and then go and do something else.

Please.

Despite everything suggesting otherwise - I feel GH has had his last game - the players he has pissed off outnumber those behind him.

Alan Curbishley would do for me - desperate to get back in the game - and would take a chance on villa - not the most exciting name - but his record ain't that bad - he could be there by thursday - come on rany do the right the thing

Despite everything suggesting otherwise - I feel GH has had his last game - the players he has pissed off outnumber those behind him.

Alan Curbishley would do for me - desperate to get back in the game - and would take a chance on villa - not the most exciting name - but his record ain't that bad - he could be there by thursday - come on rany do the right the thing

Are you serious?

I'd just put Allardyce on a contract until the end of the season. I don't care if we don't play pretty, we'll stay up. Get somebody else in next season.
This is how i also feel Gilberto, its a short term fix is what i want.

I dont not want desperate sam, good manager but i do not want to see that, i doubt he'd come for 8 games anyway! Owen coyle. I'd also like to see a former villa manager i.e. graham taylor on the board, need more football people involved in the football decisions.

I'd just put Allardyce on a contract until the end of the season. I don't care if we don't play pretty, we'll stay up. Get somebody else in next season.
This is how i also feel Gilberto, its a short term fix is what i want.

They wouldnt have sweaty sam thank ****. Good job your not in charge francis.

I dont not want desperate sam, good manager but i do not want to see that, i doubt he'd come for 8 games anyway! Owen coyle. I'd also like to see a former villa manager i.e. graham taylor on the board, need more football people involved in the football decisions.

Graham Taylor as an advisor/ambassador type role is good shout. Or just ask his advice now.

Graham Taylor as an advisor/ambassador type role is good shout. Or just ask his advice now.

The bloke, sad as it was, was out of touch when he came back the first time. The thought of putting him in charge of these petulant, arrogant wasters is petrifying.

The bloke, sad as it was, was out of touch when he came back the first time. The thought of putting him in charge of these petulant, arrogant wasters is petrifying.

Indeed.

Have big respect for Taylor but is **** ridiculous to even suggest him.