Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Stay. Wolves are in for a world of pain.

Wolves will be full of confidence after today's result, while Villa will be feeling like their manager has no confidence in them....

Didn't know you were within the squad and know what they are all thinking.

Certainly didn't play like a team short of confidence vs Bolton.

I voted go but meant going in the summer. I wouldn't want him to leave right now. That would be really stupid.

I just feel as those he hasn't clicked with Villa and has been a nightmare for us not just by results, but by his comments as well.

I can understand some want him to stay but the only reasons I'm seeing is fantasy stuff. I fear he could do a ramos on us if he was given another season.

I thought we played quite well yesterday. If we create that amount of chances in every game then we'll be safe enough. I'm not over the moon with Houllier, but I'd like to see him given a chance, it's not all been doom and gloom.

Stevo's post pretty much covers where I stand with Houllier. I think it would be foolhardy to sack him now, the timing would discourage a decent replacement.

I reckon he will sort out our defence in the summer, new LB, RB, CB, GK and CM(dependent on NRC and Bradley). He does that and keeps hold of Ash and we will be ace next season!

He'll use the preseason wisely too to get everyone up to the fitness levels needed and get used to all the new faces and then we'll be really strong.

The managing lark isn't too difficult with quality players!

Yeah, great idea, let's just throw more money at the problem!

Stay. Wolves are in for a world of pain.

Wolves will be full of confidence after today's result, while Villa will be feeling like their manager has no confidence in them....

Didn't know you were within the squad and know what they are all thinking.

Certainly didn't play like a team short of confidence vs Bolton.

Sorry for the OT but noticed you've been having a few cheeky digs at people lately. Everything alright?

I voted go but meant going in the summer. I wouldn't want him to leave right now. That would be really stupid.

I just feel as those he hasn't clicked with Villa and has been a nightmare for us not just by results, but by his comments as well.

I can understand some want him to stay but the only reasons I'm seeing is fantasy stuff. I fear he could do a ramos on us if he was given another season.

Pretty much same here.

If we go on a great run from here on now then fair enough Houllier will deserve another season.

It we continue to stumble away or even only just manage to stay up he should be kicked out pronto. He wouldnt have deserved another season.

I thought we played quite well yesterday. If we create that amount of chances in every game then we'll be safe enough. I'm not over the moon with Houllier, but I'd like to see him given a chance, it's not all been doom and gloom.

Stevo's post pretty much covers where I stand with Houllier. I think it would be foolhardy to sack him now, the timing would discourage a decent replacement.

I reckon he will sort out our defence in the summer, new LB, RB, CB, GK and CM(dependent on NRC and Bradley). He does that and keeps hold of Ash and we will be ace next season!

He'll use the preseason wisely too to get everyone up to the fitness levels needed and get used to all the new faces and then we'll be really strong.

The managing lark isn't too difficult with quality players!

Yeah, great idea, let's just throw more money at the problem!

You don't think spending money helps a team?

Sunday 7:52 (that's pm) and 54/45%. No doubt about it, Houllier is staying!

Maybe but the government still got elected even though the majority of the voters didn't want them. Lerner et al will be monitoring and gauging fans feelings. Whether they do anything about it is anyones guess.

Would you please tell me what you think are RL's and GH's plans for this season?

(Reading VT?)

That's ironic coming from the person that keeps giving us updates on what the percentage is and what that "definitely" means...

If that's ironic from me then it's ironic from anyone.

Lerner et al will be monitoring but I bet your ass they have common goals with GH.

Where is the irony?

You mock another poster about RL and GH reading VillaTalk but you're the one posting updates as if what the poll means is fact. Pretty ironic from where I'm standing...

And as for the poll, as I and many others have already stated, it is flawed. Lots of people have been voting "stay" because they want him to secure our PL status before getting the boot. There should be a third option, simple as that.

44 per cent or whatever it is, people who want him gone now, is a massive percentage. I'd guess it would be well over 50% taking into account the people who wanted to vote for the "third" option, but couldn't.

If you are talking about irony it was someone else who brought it up. And I don't think I'm mocking anyone, the question I asked was appropriate (now I have used that word twice in one day).

But I have to admit, the poll looks quite ... "acceptable" IMO at the moment, so as long as it is that way I'm enjoying it. If we lose (or draw) the next game it's all yours.

And what the hell, if the poll - our poll - was 60% "Houllier out" you would say: "Majority want him out!" Right? RIGHT???? There would be no flaws in the poll, I'm sure.

I think that for a manager's position to be in question from the day he was appointed right through until March (and maybe beyond) is a reflection of the feeling amongst fans. I don't recall previous Villa managers being under such scrutiny during their first season in charge.

Sunday 7:52 (that's pm) and 54/45%. No doubt about it, Houllier is staying!

Maybe but the government still got elected even though the majority of the voters didn't want them. Lerner et al will be monitoring and gauging fans feelings. Whether they do anything about it is anyones guess.

Would you please tell me what you think are RL's and GH's plans for this season?

(Reading VT?)

That's ironic coming from the person that keeps giving us updates on what the percentage is and what that "definitely" means...

If that's ironic from me then it's ironic from anyone.

Lerner et al will be monitoring but I bet your ass they have common goals with GH.

Where is the irony?

You mock another poster about RL and GH reading VillaTalk but you're the one posting updates as if what the poll means is fact. Pretty ironic from where I'm standing...

And as for the poll, as I and many others have already stated, it is flawed. Lots of people have been voting "stay" because they want him to secure our PL status before getting the boot. There should be a third option, simple as that.

44 per cent or whatever it is, people who want him gone now, is a massive percentage. I'd guess it would be well over 50% taking into account the people who wanted to vote for the "third" option, but couldn't.

If you are talking about irony it was someone else who brought it up. And I don't think I'm mocking anyone, the question I asked was appropriate (now I have used that word twice in one day).

But I have to admit, the poll looks quite ... "acceptable" IMO at the moment, so as long as it is that way I'm enjoying it. If we lose (or draw) the next game it's all yours.

And what the hell, if the poll - our poll - was 60% "Houllier out" you would say: "Majority want him out!" Right? RIGHT???? There would be no flaws in the poll, I'm sure.

Don't get so tetchy. A number of posters have commented that there should be a third option, check back and see for yourself. But like I say, it's irrelevant what the specific numbers are. What is certain is a massive proportion of Villa fans either don't like Houllier, have serious doubts about him, or want him gone now - and with good reason imo.

Christ Houllier has far less backing than I thought he'd have on here especially as many posters have stated they've voted stay but that they'd like him to stay for now then piss off at the end of the season.

I am surprised that he has received the amount of backing he has after two defeats on the bounce. It would be interesting to see what the results would be like after a victory.

I voted for him to stay for the following reasons:

1. He has signed good players in the transfer window.

2. He has good conections in world football.

3. We are playing good football.

4. Lack of realistic alternatives.

My reservations are:

1. He seems to have a great knack of upsetting people such as Carew, Warnock, Ireland, the fans, Bruce and Hollaway.

2. He has had most of the season to sort out our defending at set pieces and has not managed to do it.

You think he tells the media any different?

What he says to some reporter after the game I believe is quite different what he says to the players before the game, yes.

You would hope so. For example, rednosedtwunt from trafford often tells the press that his players played brilliantly whilst rollicking the same players indoors. He has not however achieved the exceptional state of mind of professor houllier that tells the press he threw the match whilst jollying up the players indoors telling them they played the best they could.

When we reach Champions League status, win the bloody thing and reach the semis each year, a couple of Premier League trophies, FA cup maybe League cup - after all that, when we have reached, achieved and built such a successful and powerful club culture, and a strong squad full of international star players - maybe then the manager might be able to say: "You useless scum, next match you are out!" and kick bottles hitting someone's noses, and the players would obey, not only because of the manager but the high standars, the high club culture, the importance of being in the starting XI, the importance of being the best, the 75000 spectators each home game, the 100+k/w salary ... then any exceptional state of mind professor like manager could have a red nose and do what he wanted. Until then we are not there yet, it might take a while ... And in the meantime the manager and rest of the staff must do their best to get the best out of the squad. (...did that make any sense?)

Stupid thread because what use is it, whatever we thing of GH, to get someone in for 9 games and expect them to make a difference.

Whatever you think of GH we are stuck with him and as ever no one on these sort of threads suggest a credible and crucially gettable alternative.

Stupid thread because what use is it, whatever we thing of GH, to get someone in for 9 games and expect them to make a difference.

Whatever you think of GH we are stuck with him and as ever no one on these sort of threads suggest a credible and crucially gettable alternative.

Based on your logic what use is any thread? If it was pointless then it would not have run to so many pages in just one day.

Nope. But quite a discollected rant to a post basically agreeing with your dubious supposition.

Does that mean that you agree or disagree?

I think it means you either didn't read or understand the post. The words "You would hope so." would indicate agreement, but your reponse offers only bafflement.