Houllier - Stay or Go

pacbuddies

Should Houllier be our manager or not?  

1. 1. Should Houllier be our manager or not?

• He should go now
    • He should go at the end of the season
    • He should stay and be our manager next season

Sunday 7:52 (that's pm) and 54/45%. No doubt about it, Houllier is staying!

Maybe but the government still got elected even though the majority of the voters didn't want them. Lerner et al will be monitoring and gauging fans feelings. Whether they do anything about it is anyones guess.

Stay. Wolves are in for a world of pain.

Wolves will be full of confidence after today's result, while Villa will be feeling like their manager has no confidence in them....

Just out of interest why will they be feeling like that?

Christ Houllier has far less backing than I thought he'd have on here especially as many posters have stated they've voted stay but that they'd like him to stay for now then piss off at the end of the season.

Because our manager thinks we'll lose games even before they're played.

That's what he told the media - after the game I presume. What really matters is what he thinks and tells to players before the match. Wouldn't you think?

Maybe but the government still got elected even though the majority of the voters didn't want them. Lerner et al will be monitoring and gauging fans feelings. Whether they do anything about it is anyones guess.

Would you please tell me what you think are RL's and GH's plans for this season?

(Reading VT?)

Christ Houllier has far less backing than I thought he'd have on here especially as many posters have stated they've voted stay but that they'd like him to stay for now then piss off at the end of the season.

I would like someone else to piss off, or I would like someone else's state of mind to piss off. Not at the end of season but now.

Would you please tell me what you think are RL's and GH's plans for this season?

(Reading VT?)

That's ironic coming from the person that keeps giving us updates on what the percentage is and what that "definitely" means...

I thought we played quite well yesterday. If we create that amount of chances in every game then we'll be safe enough. I'm not over the moon with Houllier, but I'd like to see him given a chance, it's not all been doom and gloom.

Stevo's post pretty much covers where I stand with Houllier. I think it would be foolhardy to sack him now, the timing would discourage a decent replacement.

(Reading VT?)

That's ironic coming from the person that keeps giving us updates on what the percentage is and what that "definitely" means...

If that's ironic from me then it's ironic from anyone.

Lerner et al will be monitoring but I bet your ass they have common goals with GH.

Where is the irony?

This is why the poll should be changed imo.

I don't thinking most ppl who have voted go - neccesarily mean go now .

And vice versa reckon a lot of ppl have voted stay - might mean just stay for rest of season.

Thus this poll is pretty uselss as it is at the moment.

I thought we played quite well yesterday. If we create that amount of chances in every game then we'll be safe enough. I'm not over the moon with Houllier, but I'd like to see him given a chance, it's not all been doom and gloom.

Stevo's post pretty much covers where I stand with Houllier. I think it would be foolhardy to sack him now, the timing would discourage a decent replacement.

I reckon he will sort out our defence in the summer, new LB, RB, CB, GK and CM(dependent on NRC and Bradley). He does that and keeps hold of Ash and we will be ace next season!

He'll use the preseason wisely too to get everyone up to the fitness levels needed and get used to all the new faces and then we'll be really strong.

The managing lark isn't too difficult with quality players!

You think he tells the media any different?

What he says to some reporter after the game I believe is quite different what he says to the players before the game, yes.

You would hope so. For example, rednosedtwunt from trafford often tells the press that his players played brilliantly whilst rollicking the same players indoors. He has not however achieved the exceptional state of mind of professor houllier that tells the press he threw the match whilst jollying up the players indoors telling them they played the best they could.

Keep the updates coming!!! ;)

Sorry, I ran out of beer two hours ago, I'm on white wine now and its working day tomorrow ... it's Monday isn't it?

So... when this bottel is empty or if I meet fran or brumstopfrog again I'm out.

(Reading VT?)

If that's ironic from me then it's ironic from anyone.

Lerner et al will be monitoring but I bet your ass they have common goals with GH.

Where is the irony?

You mock another poster about RL and GH reading VillaTalk but you're the one posting updates as if what the poll means is fact. Pretty ironic from where I'm standing...

And as for the poll, as I and many others have already stated, it is flawed. Lots of people have been voting "stay" because they want him to secure our PL status before getting the boot. There should be a third option, simple as that.

44 per cent or whatever it is, people who want him gone now, is a massive percentage. I'd guess it would be well over 50% taking into account the people who wanted to vote for the "third" option, but couldn't.