Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

This is a must win game for us. We are supposed to be on an easier run of games at the moment so we have to get the three points. Unfortunately I will miss the game as I am travelling back from holiday.

I'm a bit concerned with Collins being out so that means Clark will move to CB. So who for LB? Personally I'd like to see LY there. Biggest concern is AY in the 'hole' again, very very ineffectual IMO. Much rather see him on the wing with Gabby up front with Bent or maybe a 4-5-1 with Gabby sitting just behind. Midfield will be key, NRC is a must for me maybe with Petrov too.

--------------------------------Friedel---------------------------------

----Walker--------------Dunne--------Clark--------------Baker-----

-----------------------NRC-------------Petrov--------------------------

----Young--------------------------------------------------Downing----

------------------------Gabby----------Bent-----------------------------

Bench of Albrighton, Heskey, Bradley, Delph, etc...

If we lose today I would honestly start thinking we are going down. We need to start taking these decent performances and turning them into wins and we need for the big players to step up, Ash, DJ, Dunne, all of them need to man up.

Anything but a win would be very disappointing, a point would be ok in terms of keeping us up, still think it's a disgrace that we actually need to think like that.

Would love to see two proper forwards just once, I know it won't happen. We should have enough to beat Blackburn and I think we will.

Anything but a win would be very disappointing, a point would be ok in terms of keeping us up, still think it's a disgrace that we actually need to think like that.

Would love to see two proper forwards just once, I know it won't happen. We should have enough to beat Blackburn and I think we will.

bent and gabby have played quite a lot together

bent and gabby have played quite a lot together

But not yet as a front pair.

I have to say one of the things I like about these days is trying to guess the team, had none of that under O'Neil as everyone knew what we were getting. I really think we need a win today, if nothing else to give us a kick start for remainder of the season. Our form has been decent so no reason we can't do it.

-------------------Friedel--------------------

-------Walker-Clark--Dunne--Baker----

---------------Bradley--NRC------------

--Albrighton------Young---Downing----

-------------------Bent-------------------

What I want to see.

-------------------Friedel--------------------

-------Walker-Clark--Dunne--Baker----

---------------Bradley--NRC------------

--Albrighton------Young---Downing----

-------------------Bent-------------------

What I want to see.

I like the above team but would not play Bradley as I have not yet seen what he can do. I would replace him with Bannon, who was terrific in the cup game against Blackburn.

Unfortunately, I think Houllier will play Gabby on the left instead of Albrighton.

Guest villantoby

Sorry chaps but can you guys tell me where a good place for a drink is pre game? Not done it before as usually have a few in holte. Where's good to go!- much appreciated!

Who is Bannon?

I'd play

------------Friedel

Walker---Dunne---Clark---Baker

------------NRC---Bannan

Albrighton----Young----Downing

----------------Bent

But would be very worried about Clark, Baker and Bannan all being on that side of the pitch defensively, especially only with Mr. Pull-Out-Of-50-50's Downing there to support them. Can see Petrov back in the mix for this one, maybe bringing bannan on at 60 87 minutes.

What if Bent and Young click today and they tear Blackburn apart?

Managers should never listen to fans when it comes to tactics and starting 11.

Gabby and Bent should be up front and Young on the left imo.

But it could be even worse than it is now, could be better; its easy for us fans to just say that though, we dont see how it works in training, or how it effects things.

Fingers crossed for a win today, need one; bloody rare!