Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Reaallllllyyy could do with 3 points here.

I'll make this point though, if we do draw, despite it being a really poor result, it doesn't mean we are definitely going down....which inevitably will be said if we draw.

Anyway, I'd go.

Friedel

Walker Dunne Collins Clark (hands tied really)

Young Reo-Coker Bradley Downing

Heskey Bent.

or

Albrighton Reo-Coker Bannan Downing

Young

Bent.

One of them.

Young up front in the hole? Really? I can't for the life of me think why anyone would want us to persist with that when its been so bloody ineffective, obviously we will persist with it but I certainly wouldn't want to see it.

You obviously didn't watch the Denmark v England game last week then, if he played like that for us in the same position there would be no complaints, don't forget he's playing off Bent for both teams.

Young up front in the hole? Really? I can't for the life of me think why anyone would want us to persist with that when its been so bloody ineffective, obviously we will persist with it but I certainly wouldn't want to see it.

You obviously didn't watch the Denmark v England game last week then, if he played like that for us in the same position there would be no complaints, don't forget he's playing off Bent for both teams.

No I didn't watch it, I've little or no interest in England games at the moment especially friendlies.

How he played there for England is also of little or no interest to me it is how effective he is playing in that role for Villa that is important and in my view and people may think differently but in my view he isn't performing well in this position for us including in the Blackpool game following the England match.

A likely reason for this is that in our side he simply doesn't have the same quality around him and behind him that he does for England.

Because I think it can work, just need the right players to do so. He played their against Blackburn in the Cup earlier in the season at home and was excellent, I think if we have natural wide men that create space and make direct runs with likes of Bannan deeper on the ball, I think it can work.

Friedel

Walker-Collins-Dunne-Clark

Albrighton-Reo-Coker-Downing-Young

Bent-Agbonlahor/Heskey

While I am aware Downing is not the best to play centre mid it seemed to work against Man City when we played all three of those wingers, I'd try it again against Blackburn. Either that or Petrov in for Downing/Albrighton.

Back in must win territory again. If we fail to I suspect the crowd reaction come full time will mirror that of the Sunderland game.

Another game that on paper you'd expect us to win but sadly under Houllier that very rarely happens.

We should go 4-4-2 with Ash and Downing on the wings, Petrov and Reo Coker in the middle and Bent and Heskey/Gabby up top. If we do I'm hopeful we can win by a couple of goals.