Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

It'll be clear from the first time he gets the ball in an advanced position how today is going to go for Mr. Pires. Has he improved, or does he still play like a man who should be no where near a premier league first team?

Hate him or Love him, there one thing you cant deny about Houllier. Hes got some balls with team selections.

Im not so sure there screwed on properly, but hes definately got some

He's **** bananas :lol:

Always exciting anyway, I watch football to be entertained; if the team on the pitch isn't doing it, mix it up!

Look at the team though, Downing, Ash, Alby and Walker are going to be doing the running. NRC the shift and Bent all over the place up top.

Pires isnt going to have to do any running whatsoever. We were all complaining against Blackpool that the final balls were terrible and there was nothing through to Bent.

This could be a great gamble. Pires will have a stormer.

I'm actually delighted with the team selection. You have to remember that Houllier sees Pires in training every day, he'll only be getting fitter and up to the pace and in a home game, playing in an advanced role, he has the creativity and class that we desperately lack to break teams down. If it doesn't work out, we at least have terrific options from the bench.

The fact that we can bring the international quality of Heskey, Agbonlahor, Petrov, Delph, Bradley etc off the bench is good news; it backs up my thought that whatever scrapes we end up in this season results-wise, we'll end the season with a better squad than the one which finished 6th. I genuinely believe that. And that's with Collins, Bannan, Delfouneso, Makoun, etc not even on the bench.

If things don't go well, we'll stick Gabby, Heskey and Petrov on.

If Pires can still do anything, it is pick out a runner with a through ball. I'm sure that's Houllier's thinking about playing Pires with Bent. In theory he should help us keep possession and then be in the right place to play in Bent.

We'll see.

Look at the team though, Downing, Ash, Alby and Walker are going to be doing the running. NRC the shift and Bent all over the place up top.

Pires isnt going to have to do any running whatsoever. We were all complaining against Blackpool that the final balls were terrible and there was nothing through to Bent.

This could be a great gamble. Pires will have a stormer.

You might just be right there. DB needs the ball set-up for him and Pires can do that, no need for running around like a whirling dervish in a snood!

Feel a Bent double could be on the cards today. Villa win.