FA CUP 5th round draw

ender4

On the plus side from the beeb...

"BREAKING INJURY NEWS

Man City's England winger Adam Johnson will be out for three months with ankle ligament damage. Johnson didn't play for City against Notts County today - he was injured in training in midweek."

Big plus for us, because that was when they actually seemed to cause us real problems when he came on.

Hopefully Notts take them to penos and beat them though.

It will be some time before this is played as has been mentioned due to the replay date. By the time it comes around we could be back in the groove on the back of a winning run so who knows. The Manchester whoodoo has to end some time. ETA County are still in this too and could cause an upset.

It will be some time before this is played as has been mentioned due to the replay date. By the time it comes around we could be back in the groove on the back of a winning run so who knows. The Manchester whoodoo has to end some time. ETA County are still in this too and could cause an upset.

Manchester whoodoo? We beat manu last season and i was at a game where we beat city away no so long ago.

City away would be difficult but it gives us the chance to right the last time we played em away. Confidence is building and with Makoun and Bradley settling in we could beat em. We can beat anyone on our day.

Citeh already reckon they’re in the quarter finals.

It will be tough, but with a different mentality and midfield going into this one, then we’ve got a reasonable chance. As we’ve seen, they’re no Man United.

crap draw! i wonder if Houllier will play his strongest team? not too confident whatever team we put out!

He's got to really, we've had a strong January transfer window and this will reflect on the game IMO - he'll play all of our new signings (bar Bent who is cup tied) and I'm confident we will get to the quarter finals.

It is a horrible, horrible draw. :(

Manchester United getting Crawley just stinks as does Arsenal getting little Orient, Chelsea facing a home tie against Reading and Spurs getting a home game too. I know it was not a fix but this draw for all the current top 5 suggests the sort of combined luck that is stretching things very near to being implausible.

Manchester City have been poor away in the cup to date against teams they should really beat at the first time of asking. But being at home will ease their concerns as will our record there. We face a huge mountain to climb. Getting the trophy was never going to be easy and we were bound to face a tough game or two but I had hoped we would not have faced one such as this quite as early and not away from home at the very least.

It is a horrible, horrible draw. :(

Manchester United getting Crawley just stinks as does Arsenal getting little Orient, Chelsea facing a home tie against Reading and Spurs getting a home game too. I know it was not a fix but this draw for all the current top 5 suggests the sort of combined luck that is stretching things very near to being implausible.

I wouldn't be so sure about that :lol:

Was hoping for a home tie, but never mind. Also, even though we've drawn a difficult opponent, I want us to win the FA Cup and I'd like to see us pick up the momentum to do so by winning games like this, not scrapping against the likes of Crawley at this stage.

Let's beat City again and pick up the confidence to bring the cup back after a 54 year wait!

It is a poor draw because it is a boring game away to a boring, defensive team, but it is very winnable IMO.

The game today showed that Citeh are just a one man team. Take tevez out, and they are just a big, powerful team with little attacking talent. Well maybe they do have attacking talent but Mancini thinks it's necessary to have 3 defensive midfielders against a struggling league 1 team.

I don't see why so many people are so negative. We beat them last week!! And now they have Adam Johnson out.

The only thing that's pissed me off about it is that it will have to be a mid-week game after all the other 5th round games.