Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

why the 19th of march?!

3 match ban

However, that is Bolton away due to the FA Cup (If it is included)

Nope next 3 games all will be missed, including FA Cup that is. Botlon is the third and final game he will miss. We don't play FA Cup game till late due to Man City's replay and Europa league commitments.

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v Blackburn, 15:00

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

The FA Cup

Notts County/ Man City v Aston Villa, R5, 19:45

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Barclays Premier League

Bolton v Aston Villa, 15:00

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton, 15:00

lucky not to be sent of earlier as he tried a two footed tackle before the one he was sent of for which was nearly as bad.

played some neat passes but did give the ball away a few times around our box which was lucky blackpool couldn't make the most of them.

I watched makoun's you clips and thought, what exactly have we bought here (not being particularly impressed). I didn't see his first two games, but everyone was raving about him. I tuned into the fulham game with great intrigue after the rave reviews. His performance was quiet (although the reviews were again great).

Tidy in the pass, but not really involved, looked off the pace, and didn't really stamp himself on the game. He's a defensive midfielder right? so why is his tacking so poor, I thought, in a way, I wasn't surprised when he got a red today. I'm not into kicking players when they're down, but this lad is not quite cutting it yet, for me. A class apart? too good for villa (as they say)? Not a chance, not on current evidence anyway. Reo outperformed him.

Well to be fair, you did miss his best performance of the season when he played against Man United....didn't see his last two games to be fair. Also, he's not really a defensive midfielder, just well a central midfielder. He made 85 passes against and 65 odd so against Fulham, before that....our highest passing midfielder was I think Bannan with around 45, so can see why he got good reviews.

He was always going to get a red card whilst he was adjusting to the league.. it was a matter of when and not if, I fully expected it once he signed, I just hope this is the last red card he'll

see.

Absolutely agree. The unfortunate thing is it won't be his last red card. He is just one of those players.

At the game looked like a two footed challenge from Makoun with both feet off the ground and a red at the time but would need to see it back.

He did OK today but gave the ball away on a few occasions and his tacking needs work but did pretty well. Bradley when he came on looked light a rabbit caught in headlights. We could have done with some composure at that time but I presume Petrov was injured as the reason for not being involved as he would have been ideal to come on.

At the game looked like a two footed challenge from Makoun with both feet off the ground and a red at the time but would need to see it back.

He did OK today but gave the ball away on a few occasions and his tacking needs work but did pretty well. Bradley when he came on looked light a rabbit caught in headlights. We could have done with some composure at that time but I presume Petrov was injured as the reason for not being involved as he would have been ideal to come on.

Rested completely Houllier said. Cause long trip back from Turkey.

He was always going to get a red card whilst he was adjusting to the league.. it was a matter of when and not if, I fully expected it once he signed, I just hope this is the last red card he'll

see.

Absolutely agree. The unfortunate thing is it won't be his last red card. He is just one of those players.

Tend to agree with this. He's showed a lot of quality, especially against Man U, but quite often with such quality comes the unpredictable. We've seen Ashley Young do the same, seemingly out of nowhere and its just the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Don't know whether it cost us. Got a feeling we could have played on all night and never got another.

Don't know whether it cost us. Got a feeling we could have played on all night and never got another.

It didn't cost us. We were piss poor for the whole of the second half and I can't remember us testing Kingston in the second half.

Him being sent off just made the likely defeat or draw inevitable.

I really like makoun, but jesus the guy is a liability. Every game I had watched him play for us, I am always thinking he can get a red card. He is pretty reckless and he can't keep getting these yellows and now a red. I worry about Makoun. We cant go down to 10 men in multiple games.

Â