Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun got hell of a roasting after Fulhum's first goal yesterday, from Collins, Downing & Dunne in particular.

His confidence visibly dropped after this.

Not the first time this has happened. Collins gave him a right round of **** at Wigan for not tracking his man.

Closing down and tracking his man are things that he definitely needs to improve on. Aside from that he has done well.

Makoun got hell of a roasting after Fulhum's first goal yesterday, from Collins, Downing & Dunne in particular.

His confidence visibly dropped after this.

There was a discussion but I dont think it was Makoun on the recieving end.

He certainly isnt afraid to tell Downing what he thinks.

Makoun is a class act. No other words for it.

To who it was who said he had yet to be convinced he was better than Bannan :shock: I like Barry, but he is not on Makoun's level yet, Makoun is Champions League class. Pair him with an energetic tackler / box to box man, who I believe is Bradley, and we'll start to see how truly **** good he is. I kept an eye on him yesterday. He rarely misplaced a pass and always was thinking ahead of his current position.

He's no Xavi, but noone is like Xavi. He is one of the best available (for us) playmakers and I am delighted we've signed him.

Makoun is class, anyone who disagrees is obviously anti Houllier. You can tell he is a lot better than anything else we have in midfield, some of the one touch through balls into space he made yesterday were quality and it's not his fault Petrov is so slow and negative minded that he has to track back just incase. If we had a CDM in midfield who could work next to him, similar to NRC, he would be allowed to play the game he wants, not sit back and protect Petrov.

I'm not anti-Houllier. But neither am I anti-Petrov. Time will tell but I'm yet to be convinced that Makoun is any better than Bannan.

In that case you should watch the last few games. Nothing more to be said.

Makoun is class, anyone who disagrees is obviously anti Houllier. You can tell he is a lot better than anything else we have in midfield, some of the one touch through balls into space he made yesterday were quality and it's not his fault Petrov is so slow and negative minded that he has to track back just incase. If we had a CDM in midfield who could work next to him, similar to NRC, he would be allowed to play the game he wants, not sit back and protect Petrov.

I'm not anti-Houllier. But neither am I anti-Petrov. Time will tell but I'm yet to be convinced that Makoun is any better than Bannan.

In that case you should watch the last few games. Nothing more to be said.

I've seen them, thanks for the advice. That's how I came to my opinion. Nothing more to be said.

Very good first half, faded a bit second half which I just put down to him still adapting to the pace of the game here.

Didn't help that the logical thing to have done would've been to bring in fresh legs in the form of NRC to help him out and Houllier didn't do it.

Villa are giving free shirt printing of all new signings, may have to get Makoun on the back now. seeing as I cant face having Bent

I'm tempted to buy one although I may just wait for the new kit now..

That said it'll be interesting to see if Makoun plays for Cameroon friendly and what role he plays.

Â