Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He faded like the rest of the squad 2nd half.. the midfield presence was shocking in the second half with Makoun who isn't the type to run around the whole field and Petrov who was tired and cannot last 90 minutes.. this is why we seem to drop points, stupid defending, lack of midfield presence as the game goes on and brad sometimes shows his age. Oh and we are far too nice like someone said in the match thread, we need tough players in the middle of the park now.

Some nice passes today, but otherwise, hmm...

I see he has new player syndrome on the match thread with many voting him our best player.

Interestingly enough you seem to be the only person who's unimpressed.

But it must be everyone else....

He looked decent today and did OK alongside Petrov who like Makoun was one of a rare group who put a shift in.

Kept possession well and made a few decent passes forward. On the downside he lost the ball on a few occasions but in comparison to most today over all he did well.

Some nice passes today, but otherwise, hmm...

I see he has new player syndrome on the match thread with many voting him our best player.

Interestingly enough you seem to be the only person who's unimpressed.

But it must be everyone else....

I thought downing and Young were our best players. This is VT, the web site where the majority wanted Bentley over Milner, who said Gabby was crap in the youths, that L Moore was the one to watch...the list goes on, just cuz the majority say it, don't make it right.

I'd give him a 10/10 for his first half performance, then a 7 for his second half. I gave him 8.5 on the match thread and MOTM.

I don't think anyone else deserved it Today.

Who played better Baz?

Ash with his moaning, arm waving and overhit passes?

Petrov with Berbatov-jog and pin-point backwards passes when anyone in the crowd could hit a pass forward?

Downing with his excellent ability to cross when he should shoot and shoot when he should cross?

:lol:

Reads the play well, his passing can be immaculate and expansive but can have the odd moment losing possession in a key area. I would put that down to being new to league, especially when it's his second game in a week. Should have been subbed really, as it was evident he was tiring. He will be a star for us, with the ball he can be on another level to the rest of our players which shows how far we are behind the Champions League teams when in possession.

Needs to do more when the oppo has the ball and sometimes needs to slow down and not do everything on the first touch.

In some cases yes, but we've always cried out for a midfielder who releases the ball quickly and ups the tempo.

Agreed but when we went 2-1 up we were dying for someone to put their foot on the ball look up and keep possession.

Yeah the problem is Makoun needs to be in space, a few times today he was knocked of the ball because he doesn't have the largest stature. Hopefully we'll get a big defensive midfielder alongside him which I think would help him immensely.

Yeah the problem is Makoun needs to be in space, a few times today he was knocked of the ball because he doesn't have the largest stature. Hopefully we'll get a big defensive midfielder alongside him which I think would help him immensely.
does 6'2 Bradley count?

does 6'2 Bradley count?

I wouldn't call him a big defensive midfield as such but he certainly has the frame and energy to accommodate him.

does 6'2 Bradley count?

I bloody hope so. But, also get the players on the left and the right, oh, and those up front to move a bit more than they did today. The movement was crap. Makoun was the one bright spark as far as I am concerned today.

Â