Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think we'd be horribly exposed away from home if we didnt play him. Makoun has shown himself to be lacking defensively atm, Petrov tires too quickly, so our only other holding options are Bradley and Delph. I dont really believe its a position that suits Delph particularly well and the Jury is still out (being generous) on Bradley. I think we could probably get away with playing Delph / Petrov at home though.

Personally I don't think NRC has been good all year at all. He's done what he's always done, run around a lot, with very little quality.

You must be watching a different NRC then.. he has been superb all season and Petrov has been totally the opposite.

Which games has NRC been superb in? What's he been doing that's so great? Given that he's supposed to be the "enforcer" it's hard to say he's doing a good job given our woeful goals conceded figure.

Personally I don't think NRC has been good all year at all. He's done what he's always done, run around a lot, with very little quality.

You must be watching a different NRC then.. he has been superb all season and Petrov has been totally the opposite.

Which games has NRC been superb in? What's he been doing that's so great? Given that he's supposed to be the "enforcer" it's hard to say he's doing a good job given our woeful goals conceded figure.

NRC has been consistent this season, breaking up play and his passing has improved.

I could ask the same question to you really.. What has Petrov been doing thats so great? A backward pass? Why everyone thinks captain fantastic is going to save the day is beyond me, he can't handle the pace of the game anymore and has proven this so many times this season.

Personally I've seen nothing in J2M that would make me select him for the relegation battle we have ahead. Too much of a luxury. Can't tackle and is a defensive nightmare.

Needs a full pre season before he's judge but he does play a mean short pass. Bet he's brilliant in the 5 a side training

You think J2M is a luxury we can't afford? After Petrov's inept performances for the majority of the season (barring Man City) I doubt we can use him instead. Delph has been up and down. NRC has done the simple things well all season, nothing spectacular, but as equally a good a job as Petrov apparently does.

You think J2M is a luxury we can't afford? After Petrov's inept performances for the majority of the season (barring Man City) I doubt we can use him instead. Delph has been up and down. NRC has done the simple things well all season, nothing spectacular, but as equally a good a job as Petrov apparently does.

Interesting to see that Bradley is playing for the reserves tonight. He could give us more presence in midfield than JM2.

I do not think it is fair to judge Bradley on one poor game at Man City.

Give the lad a chance, he will be fine next season Im sure

This.

Makoun will be fine. It would be hard for any player to come into a club and flourish that appears to have several in house issues and that is fighting relegation. We can see that the guy has some great potential which Im sure will be proved more so next season. How long did it take for JPA to come good?!?! Now the guys a villa legend.

Juan Pablo Angel - a villa legend???? Errr no

ERRRR Yeah,

just like Sasa Cucic, De La Cruz, Collymore and Enckelman. These guys all took time to settle and ended up putting the club on the map. Why we have a song for Paul McCGrath but nothing for these guys is beyond me.

Anyway back on topic, Makoun will be fine but I do agree that Reo Coker is probably more suited to play based on our current predicament.

Interesting to see that Bradley is playing for the reserves tonight. He could give us more presence in midfield than JM2.

If he's that good he'd be playing already, if he's less up to speed then Makoun, then gawd help us.

So far the indications in his two appearances are not good

Makoun is a case of a manager playing a player just because he's paid good money for him. Nothing to do with a) form or B) impact on games, which from Makoun has been mostly a) poor and B) negative.

Makoun is a case of a manager playing a player just because he's paid good money for him. Nothing to do with a) form or B) impact on games, which from Makoun has been mostly a) poor and B) negative.

Far from it, imo it's to make sure he gets upto speed of the prem and he does offer something in midfield.. £4m is hardly good money is it?

with that logic he might aswell leave kyle walker out as he is a loan deal right?

If he's that good he'd be playing already, if he's less up to speed then Makoun, then gawd help us.

So far the indications in his two appearances are not good

The only chance of Bradley playing any significant part in a game this season is if we are safe with a couple of games to go.

I don't expect to see much of him.

Far from it, imo it's to make sure he gets upto speed of the prem and he does offer something in midfield.. £4m is hardly good money is it?

with that logic he might aswell leave kyle walker out as he is a loan deal right?

In terms of impact on games Makoun has often made interceptions/passes that have led to goals or goal scoring opportunities every time he's played (barring the last game or two).

Good money but considerably less than Petrov and Reo-Coker, approximately £2m and £4m respectively. to say he hasnt had a positive impact on games is ridiculous. He still had the best pass completion rate of any of our midfielders against Everton.

Â