The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Hi General

Great to see there is an e-ticket system available. However, on looking, we spotted that one of our season ticket seats is showing as being available! Obviously this isn't the case.......

I checked and it showed more than just the Wolves home game as being available. See a screen capture below. There is no obvious email address for me to contact today, and currently due to a number of things going on - I simply won't be able to spend the time trying to phone the ticket office to try and clarify the situation. We would rather not turn up for the Wolves game and have to turf someone out of our season ticket seats.

If you want more information, I'm happy to send it via PM

ticket.jpg

General,

Could you confirm or deny speculation that chief scout Jeff Vetere has left the club, and shed some light on why this might be and whether we will be getting a replacement if he has?

Also, can I divert you to a previous question about the academy? I know a lot of us as supporters see the nurturing of young talent as our most sustainable and realistic route to success in the long term, and are interested in the process.

One of the best things about our football club at the moment is our youth development programme. However, I was interested to read recently about my local team, Watford, who have linked up with a local school in an academy system which allows promising youngsters from across the region 15 hours of football per week, under the supervision of the Watford coaches, alongside their academic studies and in an environment that is less disruptive to their wider education. It has already seemingly reaped benefits. More details can be found here and here.

This method of teaching youngsters seems to be the future, and I wondered whether the club would consider facilitating a similar link up?

Best,

Patrick

General,

I got a question (which can't be said for the majority of this topic)..

anyway, on AVTV the audio is quite low... I have to really turn up my speakers up high to hear what is going on.. whether it's an interview or press conference (I think press conferences are like that) but interviews are still quite low.. it's definitely not my system that is the problem, just wondering are the club aware of this? Like i said I understand in press conferences as they are usually quite low but interviews are also low which is a tad annoying.

Thanks.

General Krulak here:

1. I hope I didn't confuse anyone...I was off the site NOT because anyone from the Club told me to be off the site...that won't happen. I was off because of a personal reason.

2. VillaAndLoyal: Yes, I would say I was down on the media....I confess. Why? Simply because I have made comments on this site and others that have been taken out of context or with words deleted to make the statements inflammatory and therefore "sell papers." That my sound a bit cruel but it is a fact. I wouldn't mind the media if they put comments in context and did not leave out words and thus alter intent. As for the Club "censoring" the media....I cannot imagine any media (print, voice, picture) allowing itself to be "censored." From my viewpoint, I cannot imagine the media being "censored." I am not even sure how you could do that. Maybe the word "censor" means something different here in the US.

3. jasthevillan: Believe me, every comment that is written is provided to those who need to know. Obviously, there are periods of time (like we have seen over the past couple of weeks) when most of the comments are similar in nature. EVEN THEN, I ensure that they are passed along. To think that I am censoring what is said or keeping them to myself is wrong.

4. mackavfc40: Why haven't I commented on the team selection? Are you serious? Do you really think it would be wise for a member of the Board to come on an open web site and start commenting on who is put on the Pitch...either positively or negatively? In the years I have been posting, you have never seen me comment on team selection...even after the 5-1 game. That should not and is not something that I would do...nor should anyone expect me to do.

5. runetune: Nicky Keye saw your post and would like to discuss it with you. Please call her at Villa Ext. 304. She knows you will be calling her.

6. RichardCousins: We have a very successful youth development program that casts a wide net...but, as you have indicated, we are always looking at ways to improve it.

7. Texas_Mike: We really haven't made a decision on that yet. We already have a pretty full summer on the docket.

8. dudevillaisnice: I will check on the audio issue and see if it is a problem at the Club. If it is, we will fix it.

5. runetune: Nicky Keye saw your post and would like to discuss it with you. Please call her at Villa Ext. 304. She knows you will be calling her.

Hi General,

Many thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, as already mentioned, and for reasons I don't want to discuss on a public board - phoning during office hours for me (or even in to the evening) are nigh on impossible at the moment. If there is any way an email can be sent to me, that is the best way for me to get communication on this at the moment. I did eventually send an email to the club, having found a way to do this, but don't have a direct email to anyone in general, but I would hope my email address is on file.

Many thanks.

see your pm/ email for e mail details. Blandy

General, could the club come out and issue a statement in regards to the incident, it is causing bad press nationally and the concern is the focus should be in regards to the ever so important game on Saturday and not some drunken outbursts, as the statements seem to be coming out of the press rather than the club itself. Also as a fan i would like to thank Nicole Keye and her team for resolving a ticketing issue i had and they are a true credit to our club.

Hi General

I've just booked 5 tickets for the Stoke home match on April 23rd and one of the people I'm going with will be celebrating their 60th birthday.

Is there anyway at half time they could wish him a happy birthday or, if not, write a short congratulatory message in the match programme? (PM me if you like)

The fan in question will be travelling over 800 miles to get to the game!

General Krulak here:

1. jonno_2004: We have hired "The Terminator."

2. dudevillaisnice: The audio feed and volume appears to be OK...but we are continuing to check.

3. brumstopdogs: I am not sure about the program entry...we would probably end up with pages of birthday wishes if we opened up "pandora's box" on this one. You might want to call Duncan Riddle at AVFC ext. 413 and see if he can get a card to the folks.

4. runetune: Thanks Blandy!!

5. PR gaffes: We have, in fact, strengthened our PR area this year. We have a strong team in that area and they are pretty savvy at what they do. I think we all can agree that this has been a tough year and that trying to couch it in any other terms would be wrong. I just don't think that trying to focus on one area or another is the answer. The PR folks work with what is at hand while trying to highlight the good. Sometimes that is hard...especially when events transpire that make the "good" harder to find. We WILL get through all of this..I am convinced of it. Right now, we need to just concentrate on winning.

2. dudevillaisnice: The audio feed and volume appears to be OK...but we are continuing to check.

oh right fair enough, i'll just keep my speakers on high np.. isn't much of an issue just thought you should be aware of it incase others have the problem.

cheers Gen!

Hi General, just want to say thanks to you and the people at Villa for making the new feature online to book specific tickets. I have a season ticket but it's handy to look at how many seats are left available to work out how big the crowd for each game currently is. However, the number of seats sold seems to be going up and down each day so do you know what the expected attendance is for Wolves this Saturday? Will it come close to a sell out?

Thanks