The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General

Gerard houllier is bringing the players, the fans and the entire club to it's knees.

Please act now to get rid of the gutless, clueless and emotional management now.

I sit in trinity road and have done so for 20 years. It is heartbreaking to watch a wolves manager passionately encourage his players while our sits slumped in his seat

he is a defeated man general, don't let him take the club with him

I'll preface this by saying I have been one of, in my opinion anyway, the biggest supporters of everything The Board and Gerard have done this season, I can see there is a big behind the scenes job to be done, I can see that the football is getting a lot nicer. I can also see that our injuries have been horrendous.

So please dont mistake this as the typical drivel that has been on these boards for months now (no offence the rest of you but some times it does seem like drivel)

Im 20 years old and if im honest never really took football that seriously, but every year i'd pay attention and watch as 3 sets of fans every year would be shown on the TV come the end of May all in tears.. 'It's just football?' I kept asking wondering why a bunch of grown men were actually in tears because for 12 months they didnt get to play in the prem but really, should be back the year after. I never got it.

However, today, after yet again spending over £100 in tickets and travel, I actually thought i was going to cry and found myself sat there, instead of watching drivel, 'what am i gunna be like if this carries on?'. Now im no softy, im no Rocky Balboa either, but I dont cry. And tbh, sat there watching Albrighton come off (having to run from the wrong side of the pitch might i add) that the only thing I can see me doing come May 22nd is fighting back tears and having to delete my facebook as I get streams of messages from everybody I know as we are slumped to Championship Football.

Might I also add that, financially, we are in the shit if we go down. It'll be atleast 5 years before UEFA let us compete in Europe again, we won't even get £10m for Ashley Young, when we should be getting £20m and we simply wont be able to sign the new defence we're going to have to sign (also spoke to a guy who works with James Collins' dad today - complete chance, bumped into him in Wales before I caught a £50 train to the game- and he seemed fairly confident both Dunne and Collins are as good as gone come September.)

Devastated.

General

I am very concerned with the way things are going and what position we will be in at the end of the season ... very concerned indeed.

GH and players should be concerned and at least show it I hope Randy is concerned and can use his position as chairman to further alleviate these concerns.

It is appreciated what Randy has done and you are appreciated for communicating with us, hope this is continued. You both are highly respected. We are in this together and something needs to be done before it is too late ... now it is getting late.

General,

I have defended Gerard Houllier since he came to the club in September, but today made me realise that he has actually lost it, or just never had it in the first place. You won't find me singing anti-Houllier songs at matches as I believe supporting the players is the thing to do. I can't remember the last season we had that was as catastrophic as this one both on and off the pitch combined. It is evident that the players have no faith/respect in the management team as today it was clear there was very little confidence or spirit shown from our players, as a life-long supporter who has spent large amounts of money following this club it saddens me to see our name Aston Villa being dragged down into the gutter.

Thanks.

Hi General,

Again many posts here may seem like knee-jerk reactions but the reality is there not! they reflect the vast majority of this season and the club cannot continue the way it is going.

We are at a huge risk of going down this season. We have absolute quality throughout the squad but still the man in charge fails to motivate them to perform. Regardless of who's team it is there can be no excuses for the league position now, it is nothing short of a disgrace.

General, we wouldn't be hurt as much if we saw Houllier on that touchline getting those players fired up and playing their hearts out. Everything he touches seems to be turning into a disaster. I recall you saying Randy was at the game today, I hope he now has the sense to do whats right for the club.

I have stuck up for Houllier in the past, on this thread as well but he is not made for Aston Villa.

I am very worried as to what will happen next. If we stay with Houllier the fans will stay on the teams back when results aren't going our way. He needs to go and quick. Give it back to Kevin Mcdonald until the end of the season even get Martin Laursen in, anybody that knows the club and get these players playing for their shirt, it's the passion we are missing. Randy spent a lot of money on Bent, getting rid of Houllier NOW would be a snip of that and could well save our season from being a catastrophic disaster.

You say all of these posts are passed to the relevant people. Please do us a favour and respectfully pass all of these to Mr Lerner himself. As much as I appreciate all you have done for the club if he can't see what's happening then serious questions need to be asked. If you can afford to be relegated leave Mr.Houllier in charge, bite the bullet before it hits us HARD General.

Thanks.

We need to act imo going down just cannot happen to this club. We seem to lack loads of passion that we have had for the previous 4 years.

I would like to ask if Randy reads these message we post on here or if you give him feedback? Because I really think its important that the fans voice is really listened to by all on the board. 38,000 people spoke today Gen.

General, spare a thought for Aston Villa's fans. We have seen it all over the years and we thank Randy Lerner for all he has done but surely hearing 35,000 strong Villa fans calling for Houllier's resignation/sacking with banners, booing and screaming, surely yourself, Paul Faulkner and Randy Lerner now get the message. We don't like Houllier, he doesn't like us, the players don't like Houllier, he HAS to go! We are in deep deep trouble with just 8 games left. Bringing Kevin MacDonald back in would instantly lift morale, he would get stuck in, get all the players on board and would definately get us to safety.

How a manager can have 2 weeks to sort his team out, get his tactics planned and then admit he got it wrong just 30 minutes into the game is shocking! I've forked out an incredible amount this year for a season ticket, I've been to every single game, I've gave as much support as i can give but still Houllier is ruining us! His style of play will take us down! Do not let our board be a bunch of cowards and sit back hoping we stay up. TAKE ACTION! Sack him! Bring Kev back in, the players want him, we want him, we sung for him today! Get him back! If we go down then we'll take the blame as fans because this is our call, just please don't let Houllier carry on. It's an embarressment! Please, I beg you, do the right thing and take the man who is killing Aston Villa FC out of the club before Everton away, I'm begging you, please!

We can't make it anymore clear than we have today. BRING BACK KEVIN MACDONALD!!!!

And General, I feel bad for you. What you do on here talking to us all is truly fantastic and I apologise that we have to give you all of these messages but we have no other option. If Houllier isn't sacked in the next week then trust me, we will turn up to Bodymoor Heath with banners and chanting from the entrance, the car park and anywhere we damn well can and we won't stop until Houllier has left. To admit defeat in games before they've started, say that our first team isn't good enough, ignore and treat the fans like dirt, play so many players out of position and refuse to work on defence in training (which lead to us conceding from yet another set-piece today) it is beyond annoying now!!! It's the same every single match day, literally every game! I can tell you now away at Everton Tim Cahill will score 2 headers and Everton will win. We're predictable, we have no fight, no passion, no leadership, no balls, no guts, no confidence and Houllier is clueless. He has to go.

The whole of Villa Park has spoken, if you want us to keep turning up then give the fans what they want. FIRE GERARD HOULLIER!!!!!!

General, short question mate.

As a military man, what happens when your troops loose all confidence in their leader, and tell him to do one?

My experience is, that once that trust is lost, and putting this as "Squadie to Squadie", your fcuked.

One or two will emerge to try and fire everyone else up, but basicly, your left with anachy, and a self preservation outlook.

Mate, we are up shit creek. You know it.....i know it, and the officer in charge is not up to it.

Get rid of him or this discent will rub off on the commander in chief. And that is as definate as the world is being round 8)

Pissed off and very pissed up. So much so, ive booked a package holiday for Napoleon in Bengazi....lets hope the clueless prat gets a sun tan :winkold:

Truely mate, its finished.

General,

You have previously stated that we are in discussions with a number of companies around shirt sponsorship for next season. I presume any prospective deal cannot be agreed until it is known what division we will be playing in. Is this therefore likely to impact upon when the shirts will be available?

Also General could you please try to answer the tough questions that have been put to you this evening. If you don't feel your in a position to or just simply feel it best you don't could you please forward them to those who can as the supporters deserve an explanation regarding the shambles this great club has turned in to over the last few months. The manager is currently living in cloud cuckoo land, is in denial, too preoccupied with blaming everyone else for his failings and carrying around his huge ego to say anything even approaching something worth listening to.

Mark

Sir,

When our great club left this division in 1987 we were a poor side with an idiot in charge .

you have a choice mate , make the right one.

It isnt working , please change it .

General Sir, good morning to you, well it's the morning after the Wolves debacle and it looks grim looking at the league table, hopefully I'm not going to rant on but please listen and show all these messages to Randy so he can understand where we are coming from on all this, now I'm not going to pretend to know about running a pro sports team because I don't that's why I load aircraft for a living, but does Randy really know the difference between running a club here and one in America because there is a difference and that being relegation, now I follow Toronto Maple Leafs in the NHL so I know a tiny bit about what happens in sports across the pond but as said relegation is the fear hear for all the Premier League clubs, the fallout of the top division would be catastrophic to Villa in more ways than one, a big fall in terms of attendance/merchandise/tv earnings/sponsorship/attracting good players the list is endless, now I'm not the brightest spark in the world but surely Randy wants to protect his investment in this great club and give us a fighting chance of avoiding relegation, I have only turned against Houllier yesterday for the first time after finally realising enough is enough, the team has no fight in them and the manager shows no passion on the bench at all, players are playing out of position as they were under the previous manager, General Sir please show these messages to Randy and ask him to act fast and replace Houllier preferably with Martin Jol before it's too late and then hopefully Randy won't see his investment go up in smoke although to be honest in my heart I think it is too late and I've said for about a month now we will get relegated because one thing is for sure general and that is we are not too big or too good to get relegated.

I'm a student, I've spent over £550 on Aston Villa this year, I've been to every single home game. I've put more commitment and passion into Aston Villa than Houlllier has when he comes to Villa Park each week! I'm not the only one either. This week we demand a club statement! What is going on? Who's in charge? Who's our leader? Stand up Villa! Make a statement and show the fans that you lost yesterday what our future is. Are we standing by the idiot? Is the Everton game his last? Or are you going to the right thing and in the 2 week break we have sack Houllier and let Kev Mac come back in to get ready for a team we beat whilst he was in charge earlier this season? Houllier = Relegation. We all know it General! Please tell Randy Lerner that all of the Aston Villa fans are begging him, for the sake of Aston Villa FC, please, PLEASE! Sack Gerard Houllier!!!!!

General

Would you agree with me that it's not just the losing that hurts, but the manner of the losing? In the worst case scenario and we do go down, I would like to think that in our final days in the Premiership we put up a fight and went "kicking and screaming" (so to speak), rather than the shambolic, inept, lacklustre and passionless display against Wolves yesterday. I personally don't think Mr Houllier has the passion or desire for the fight, or for the Club particularly. While it would be risky to sack him now, I think the Club should do just that. Put in a caretaker for the final few games and appoint over the early summer. I genuinely believe the positive boost the team would get from Mr Houllier's departure would probably be sufficient to fire us up and keep us up.

Thanks for reading General

General this is not all fair on you, but you are the go between the fans and Randy .... surly with the banner and the Holte end singing this is time to act, yes we hav only 8 games to go but surly bringing in kev mac will lift the players fans and get us the few wins we need to stay up... then in the summer urself , paul and randy can get the rite man in.

the fans hav spoken!!!!