Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With 18 Million we could have bought, I guess, the two leading strikers of Villarreal. I hate this!

Because Giuseppe Rossi* was such a hit in the Premiership. :|

As for Villareal's front two, who said they'd score as many as Bent.

We are buying (hopefully) proven quality and that costs money I'm afraid. Just because his name isn't pretty doesn't mean he isn't worth the money.

Nail, head. We don't need someone who might score goals given time to adjust, we need someone who can score goals now and there's nobody more qualified for that job than Darren Bent. Needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle.

*to be fair to Rossi, he probably could do a job in the Premiership given the player he's matured into but like jonno says, we don't have the luxury of throwing money at a "probably".

For anyone who's interested

here is a thread form the Sunderland board. First 10 pages are abuse to the ITK who posted the rumour. Bottom of page 10 it begins to dawn on them that it's actually true. Quite amusing reading from then on.

Thats brilliant. So much like Villa talk!!!

This is brilliant.

Although I'd hate to look at the rumours when Milner was on the verge to sign for Man City.

I actually don't think they'd be as bad. We were already aware of Man City's crazy spending, so the rumours of Man City being after players for stupid amount of money were almost expected.

Whereas everyone seems to think we have £20 and a curlywurly to our name... little do they know that Randy has baskets of curlywurlys and millions of £20 notes!!!!!!!

Update Close but hasn't signed yet but don't panic MM :!:

Whats the hold up MM? Are we worrying for nothing? 2 chairs possible needed?

Sunderland being a tad petulant I think but taking a lot longer than it needs to terms agreed with player just now the smaller points with Sunderland not the player . Its damn close I can smell the ink :!:

I'm excited - for the first time since the takeover - this is the sort of signing we have been crying out for.

On another note though I'm glad we haven't publicly been labelling Bent as our main target and spewing crap through the media about getting him in.

I feel sorry for Sunderland fans that this is true, they would need his goals to keep them in the hunt for Europe and if they do what we did with Dwight Yorke then they may be struggling for numerous years till they realise they need a replacement. Time will tell if this is a good move for us and Bent, but for Sunderland, despite the money, I see this being a massive issue for a couple of seasons, 20+ goals a season strikers are ridiculously hard to come by- Don't see much positives in it for them.

It's good to see we're trying to sign someone's best player, its a sign of intent of improvement. We've had this with Barry and Milner in the past and the feeling is awful, so if we pull off this signing its going to be a coop for us. Very happy Villan here. :D