Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Where did Chelsea come into this?

Rumour started at around 7pm last night, that they had also offered 18m for Bent which had been accepted. So Bent was on his way down to London to talk with them too, even though he had agreed our terms.

Unsure how true that is, and it has been suggested that the Bent deal is already done and they are just dealing with the formalities now.. but it's still a worry, especially as his main reason for leaving Sunderland is to spend more time in London. We won't know until official confirmation now.

Speed is the essence - even the mega rich clubs can't muster up £23m in a matter of hours - he says hopefully.

bit worried that Randy has left Body Moor heath - has he left his Visa card ? (or should I say MBNA!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Chelsea rumour has come from that website caughtoffside.com – The article was posted yesterday. Link

The whole website is based upon people sending in sending in transfer stories! Like... "My mates brothers sister best friends 3rd removed aunt works down the Villa as a tea lady, and yesterdaywhen she was drying out the old tea bag she saw Ronaldo sneek into VP with GH". Which of course is a load of guff ... just like the website!

I don’t think there is any need to panic.

where would the press conference be held,BMH Or villa park?if hes already had medicl which everyone sayin he has then VP be the best place to show him round ground and for photos with Houllier?

hopefuly thats why lerners left BMH lol

Well, I didn't have the chance to comment up to this point and as this discussion is now on its 102nd page I will say only that - Bent is a good footballer. Still, splashing 18 or 24 Million on him is sheer stupidity. This is silly money that could be much better spent on great footballers who are not English and cost less. van der Vaart is the best lesson - Spurs got him for 8!

We could have bought a prolific goalscorer such as Miroslav Klose for about 3 or 4, for instance. We keep on looking for English players who cost way over their real value. With 18 Million we could have bought, I guess, the two leading strikers of Villarreal. I hate this!

I'll take issue with this because it's a load of rubbish.

Firstly VDV wanted Champions League football, if we were in that position he could have been playing for us now, he's also not a striker. Real Madrid were looking to get rid and thus the price dropped considerably on deadline day, hence Levy was able to sign him.

Klose has never played in Premier League, who knows how many he'd score? As for Villareal's front two, who said they'd score as many as Bent.

We are buying (hopefully) proven quality and that costs money I'm afraid. Just because his name isn't pretty doesn't mean he isn't worth the money.

where would the press conference be held,BMH Or villa park?if hes already had medicl which everyone sayin he has then VP be the best place to show him round ground and for photos with Houllier?

hopefuly thats why lerners left BMH lol

I dont know about anything else but it just feels good to be a club on the up once again!

It's just a postive vibe coming from the club now, we've not really had one of them since before the end of last season...Well when we found out we couldn't reach 4th I think that Vibe stopped.

Losing a few games and we will be back to being **** off...back to normal I mean.

My dad is Pete Colleys cameraman they are at Bodymoor Heath now Bent press conference 4.00pm he is currently under-going a medical

Some guy on Facebook.

Is that 5 medicals he has had now? Busy 24 hours for the quacks!

My god I can't take until 4pm, it would be great if a few wandered out Taiwo, Samba and Bent - that really would be hilarious.

This has to be the most unproductive 1.5 day of my working life. I just realised I haven't even sent an email since this broke. Awful. Off to bluff my way through a meeting before some good news hopefully.