Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I arrived at work half an hour ago and I have now set up a deck chair in the corner of this thread. If anyone wants me, shout. I'll be here, waiting to go "Yayyyyy"

:P

I've been a Bent fan for a long time.

:lol:

I speak very good on england... Guess you could get that the wrong way... and that. :oops:

Haha, no worries, the "Bent" jokes are too easy.. but I still can't resist!

Worked the night shift today, gonna go to bed and by the time I get up this evening this should all be wrapped up nicely.

Haha.

Me to... i dont know how much sleep i will get, quite excited. More excited then christmas day.

I am soooooooooooo **** happy :D

Let's all have a disco, let's all have a disco :lol:

Come on lads, let's get a song going for him!

To the tune of my old man's a dustman:

Darren Bent joined Villa, for eighteen million,

He's our record signing, and he's not Brazilian,

He scores with his left foot, he scores with his right,

Dazza's always scoring, 'cos he's **** dynamite.

I can't wait to see a proper goalscorer in a Villa shirt. PLEASE Randy, please give him the number 9 shirt!

I have this weird - but nice - vision of Randy hugging Dazza after a match winning goal and the headlines being "Randy's feeling Bent" or something like that! :lol:

Serious bit of business by the club! :flag::cheers:

I still don't understand how all this happened, supposedly we put a bid in last thursday.. Bent has looked off ever since the season started though? I hate to use the reference but did we "tap him up" before that? There seems to be more to this saga than people make out i think .. Just seems too good to be true he is actually coming here because we aren't in the best of positions in the league really let's be honest.

I still don't understand how all this happened, supposedly we put a bid in last thursday.. Bent has looked off ever since the season started though? I hate to use the reference but did we "tap him up" before that? There seems to be more to this saga than people make out i think .. Just seems too good to be true he is actually coming here because we aren't in the best of positions in the league really let's be honest.

I've read from various sources that he wanted to leave in August but was convinced to stay. Don't know where though.

Lets guess how many pages this thread will go to till he signs, Might back the deal go quicker

I think 90

It would have already been at 3x that if people were able to get on here yesterday.

Throughout the window I've been pledging £10's against any of the more obscure transfer ITK's that have come through, fairly safe in the knowledge that they were BS, and I probably would have done the same for the MM / SOV rumours had I not been away for the weekend.

Seeing as none of the others came up, I think I'll donate on the back of this Bent bid if he's seen holding a Villa shirt today - anyone with me?

Apologies if this has already been picked up on, but the General's son on H&V last night said that everything was in place and signed, and that they just needed to register the paper work with the Premier League this morning.

Anyone else amazed at how the media are reporting this?! You'd have thought that it was West Brom signing him, all the shock and questions about why he would join Villa. Kevin Phillips is now in on the act. I know there's a debate on here about how far away we are from Spurs in terms of size of club, but please don't tell me there's any doubt that we're bigger than Sunderland?! We've had a bad half season, but we'll be back, and Bent knows that. Simple as.

Apologies if this has already been picked up on, but the General's son on H&V last night said that everything was in place and signed, and that they just needed to register the paper work with the Premier League this morning.

Would that make him free and available for the Man City game? Im guessing it would.