Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a turn up for the books. With the service he'll get Bent could bag a dozen goals before the end of the season.

Add a certain Sweaty from Blackpool and a decent left back and our squad starts to look quite handy. We might yet be in Europe next season, we're only 8 points off Bolton in 7th with a game in hand and Bin Dippers only 4 points away... Would be nice to finish above them two seasons running.

Also good to see Randy going balls out in the market - smashing our transfer record into the bargain. Perhaps calling a proud billionaire who loves his club "half-arsed" was a little unwise, Mr Holloway. He's coming for your Captain next.

Optimism. Feels good, doesn't it? :D

Bloody hell I go off line for 12 hours and I miss the meltdown!! Bummer!!

One of the problems with a 8 hour time difference I surpose (but hey ho it 34 in the shade outside and sunny).

Cracking piece of business (especially as I don't really care about the money) and a player who is proven at this level so no bedding in time required and I reckon the move will be a big boost to his confidence which seems to have taken a knock (why I don't understand considering his record up there)? We wouldn't be in this position now if he had been banging the goals in for us over the past couple of years!!

Makes me laugh how the press are now saying Randy is desperate? He gets slated for not splashing out by media, fans including me. Today we have signed one of the best goalscorers in this league. We will finally have a striker in the bloody box. Thank you Randy, onwards and upwards. These signings will give the fans, players a morale boost. Let's clear some of the deadwood on high contracts.

effI think this proves (to me anyway) that Randy really does want to make this club progress. This and the Makoun signing could have a domino effect. One is a CL quality midfielder, the other is the third best PL since 2005. We have spent money on them.

Players will think "Well Bent was happy at Sunderland and now he's handed ina transfer request to go there"

Makoun was at lyon, played 17 times this season, and he wanted to go there!

Most importantly of all, it has vanquished that myth the blosers, boggies and dogheads have been spouting.

"They've got now monay" actually yes we do.

You even saw the Sunderland fans saying "they've got no money man, canny lad".

And best of all, Ash might want to stay!

I hate the fact i get loads of people texting me and saying £18-20 million is to much. If his name was Bentaldiniho and from south America and scored 81 goals in 5 years people would be saying this is a bargain. You wont be able to get any other player for that money essentially almost guarantee 15+ league goals a season. Suarez for instance, he is being banded about for the same price yet has never set foot into the premiership, the last 4 or 5 big scorers from Holland who have moved here have done very little, from Durk Kuyt to Alfonso Alves(remember him).

I personally think we should have got him 2 years ago, but Martin decided against it, for what ever reason.

Doesnt seem cut and dried yet though according to Northern papers...Sunderland are holding out for 20 mill plus! Also saw somewhere on twitter that we could have had him for 10 mill when he went to Spurs but Oneill baulked at the price!(Signed Heskey instead) :/

Considering? ive been considering quitting smoking for the last 2yrs.

If Bent is in Brum he would need to act quick, cant see it myself.

Maybe Sunderland are simply trying for a couple more £m at the 11th hr.

Mirror reporting that Ancelotti is considering hijacking the deal.

I'm sure journalists are just bitter about the deal... not one is putting a positive spin on Villa. And they are all pretty much saying "Bent hands in transfer request" as opposed to "Bent on brink of Villa move". We are an unfashionable club to support.