Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bollox on the web tonight !

'We can't really afford him' - its about the 2nd player we have brought in 18mth - we have sold Milner, Gardner, - that brings in £21m

"Desperation" - Well maybe - but where are we going to get a proven scorer for less - some experts have been suggesting Paulencho @ £16m would be better buy ? - Can't see it myself.

That MON wanted to sign him - can't believe this , as in the same summer he moved - we paid a comparable fee for Downing (Much as I like Downing - If it was either or I would have gone for Bent)

Also & sadly - we will probably sell Ashley Young in summer - for £20m +

My only concerns are

1.He has only scored once in the last 8 games (mind you that's dynamite for a villa striker)

2.I feel he thrives on the fast game - similar to gabby - I hope were not going to give him the ball on the half way line and say there you go £20m boy - do your stuff

3. It might not go through - !

I actually read this news via text message whilst waiting at the traffic lights in my car, during my lunch break. I'm a 24 year old professional and I started chanting the Villa song. The woman in the car next to me looked very, very bemused. I then insisted on chanting the "Villa are back" to her through the window, of which she couldn't hear (obviously). Has a signing ever provoked such a reaction from me? Not a chance. :lol:

Wanted this lad to sign for years and years. He will take us to the next level. Stay up this year and build next year. That lineup posted on the previous page is frightening. Stephen Ireland has surely got to see the potential at AVFC. He won't sign for a better club imo.

Very proud Villa fan today, always am, but especially so today. Feels like something special - hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I don't think it will. :flag:

Top Premier League Scorers 2009/2010

1. Didier Drogba - 29

2. Wayne Rooney - 26

3. Darren Bent - 24

4. Carlos Tevez - 23

-----

10. Gabriel Agbonlahor - 13

17. John Carew - 10

103. Emile Heskey - 3

He almost got the same as what our 3 strikers got last year

He is 10th this season with 8 in 19

I'm pleased with the ambition shown by the owner, and I hope it continues long in to the future. I have already glanced at a couple of media outlets about the deal, many stating that it is a sign of desperation and panic by Randy.

I'm pleased with the ambition shown by the owner, and I hope it continues long in to the future. I have already glanced at a couple of media outlets about the deal, many stating that it is a sign of desperation and panic by Randy.

Had he gone to Man City would they be saying the same thing?

Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't.

End of the day, we've signed a PROVEN Premiership goalscorer. Absolutely brilliant and I couldn't give a flying feck what the media think about it.

£70k a week in wages? can we sustain that? Sidwell was on £40k no?

Not exactly Sidwell though is he.

Carew 50k

Sidwell 40k

Beye 40k

Davies 25k

All expected to be gone this window

Bent 70k.

I think the point is reducing the wage bill for the backbenchers. the ones that come through and help us out during an injury. Sidwell, Beye, Carew and Davies (if he played another game taking his wages to 50k) are all on first team wages. They shouldnt be. Bent will be first team and one of the first names on the team sheet. Sidwell etc name's were reluctantly scribbled on if we thought we couldnt make it with 10 men instead :P

I hope Randy still feels desperate and panics some more

RIGHT, I WILL GET IT OUT THE WAY NOW (by the way, not avoided, haven't been able to get on until now)

I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SORRY TO MM !

I WILL NOW BECOME YOUR LOVE BIATCH AND AM LUBING MY RECTUM AS WE SPEAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously man, you ain't gonna get any grief off me - for people know - every week, as each goaless game came - I was pointing out to all and sodding sundry - how the hell we let him go in the first place is beyond me.

Most excited I have been since Dean Saunders, far more than the Collymore signing, more than Dublin - Saunders is the ony one I can remember feeling like ths on.

The only question is now, do you go around with the word "BENT" on your back ? :D

As fecking happy as sodding Larry I can tell ya !!!

Good work fella !

I wonder if MikeMckenna will be so humble ? (apologies if I missed it)