Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

i can echo some of stans concerns. Given the money and wages involved why were these things not available during the summer. Surely its better to spend 24m when were pushing for champions league rather than in a relegation battle. Sounds like a panic signing, not necessarily a long term deal. My other concern is whether this is a Houllier signing or a Lerner/Faulker one?

People say this all of the time and it really annoys me. For a start it's obvious MON could NOT be trusted with transfer funds, why do you think he walked. If you sent someone to the shop to buy you Russian Standard and they came back with Aldi's own every single time would you tell them to go every single time? Think about it...

is it obvious MON could not be trusted with transfer funds? you talk like every signing was poor. This man built a squad that achieved 3 successive sixth placed finishes. Where has the money for this come from, Milner....another MON signing.

Your now raving about a signing made by a man that was universally hated a few hours ago.

You may not like my opinion but its valid, MON achieved and Randy stopped backing him, GH has taken huge backwards steps and alienated most of the fan base yet he is given money.

People talk about the players who's wages need to be cleared, so far only one has gone and i strongly suspect Bent will be bought in on a bit more money.

For a start Milner was originally a David O'Dreary purchase.

I'm not doubting he made some cracking signings but when you get given x amount and come back with signings like Harewood, Heskey, Beye, Sidwell, Shorey etc - you just cannot be trusted with large amounts of money anymore. MON was told he could have a small amount of transfer money and didn't like it so walked, and that is that.

Gardner, Shorey, Sidwell all gone with both MON and Houllier's help, Carew will be next after Bent signing is announced tomorrow and Beye won't be far after. The latter two take almost 100k a week of the wages.

There has always been money available but do we really want our wage bill being higher than our turnover? Are we Portsmouth?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right last post We will sign him tomorrow barring something totally unforseen . Sunderland been difficult today but we are almost there :!:

Young and Downing going nowhere :!:

Expected to make a further 1 outside chance 2 signings this week the Bent deal has been going on for a while and Villa did it the right way . These deals take time so its not cast iron that these other deals will happen , but looking positive :!:

Good work, as usual, MM!

If you see anyone from the Villa in the next few hours.. tell them to get bent from me! :winkold:

PaulandDonya. I applaud you for being humble. Well done that man!!

MM, thanks for the information, I am really pleased that we are still the club I hoped us to be and that Randy should never have been questionned about loyalty, drive or ambition. General, you took some shit, we were impatient, as usual. Please come back so we can thank you properly.

If and when these deals come off, we need to get behind the Manager and turn up in our droves to support this fantastic football club, which, by the way, is still seriously famous!!

RIGHT, I WILL GET IT OUT THE WAY NOW (by the way, not avoided, haven't been able to get on until now)

I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SORRY TO MM !

I WILL NOW BECOME YOUR LOVE BIATCH AND AM LUBING MY RECTUM AS WE SPEAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously man, you ain't gonna get any grief off me - for people know - every week, as each goaless game came - I was pointing out to all and sodding sundry - how the hell we let him go in the first place is beyond me.

Most excited I have been since Dean Saunders, far more than the Collymore signing, more than Dublin - Saunders is the ony one I can remember feeling like ths on.

The only question is now, do you go around with the word "BENT" on your back ? :D

As fecking happy as sodding Larry I can tell ya !!!

Been waiting for this :D

Right last post We will sign him tomorrow barring something totally unforseen . Sunderland been difficult today but we are almost there :!:

Young and Downing going nowhere :!:

Expected to make a further 1 outside chance 2 signings this week the Bent deal has been going on for a while and Villa did it the right way . These deals take time so its not cast iron that these other deals will happen , but looking positive :!:

Good work, as usual, MM!

If you see anyone from the Villa in the next few hours.. tell them to give bent one from me! :winkold:

Fixed