Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observation:

- Bent scored

- We scored too early. We can't defend one goal lead ... or maybe we can but we can't play our own game.

- Gabby is no winger

rather score early than not at all though. I think the half time team talk is important. we need to spread the play quicker out to gabby and Marc. If we are to pass it around then we need to keep it safe.

It's clear Young, Bent and Cuellar are the best of the three tonight.

We are always in trouble when we score the first goal. We start sitting back and don't know what to do with the ball. Lack of mental strength IMO.

No matter what the score is, we should always play like it was 0-0. Scoring the first goal makes us panic, in going forward.

I like Downing at CM, he is possessing the ball and distributing quite well. I'd like to see a Makoun-Downing pairing next game. Also, Ashley is finally playing well in a 2nd striker role. Gabby is still bad on the left wing

£7 on bent to score first today. Ohhhhh yes.

What were the odds?? was it a combination bet? :)

2-1 Villa and Bent to score first and I had a pound on 2-1 too.

6/1 Bent score first.

14/1 2-1 Villa.

Cant remember what it was for the double.

All that with Coral.

If it finished 2-1 I may have to get Bent tattoed on my forehead! :)

A lot better than I expected but still it isn't quite right. We're disciplined and looked reasonably comfortable until Citeh bothered to turn up, but we just create enough still for me.

Petrov's been the player of the half, he's been first rate. He's needed to be to be fair. Great in possession some fantastic passes (that sweeping ball out to Gabby on the left, inch perfect and made a chance for us from being under pressure) and most of all, some great tackles, clean and committed.

The left side is all wrong though. Gabby is no winger, not by any means, and Clark really doesn't do himself any favours at LB.

We need to take the discipline that we've got and start to make Citeh worry. At the moment any passage of play for us is a case of Citeh waiting till we gift the ball to them.

Obvious congrats to Bent, how longs it been since we've had a proper poacher? And Cuellar too, he mightn't be a natural RB but he covers the defence so well, master of the diving block/tackle.

Happy we are goal up, obviously but we really need to tighten up at the back because if we play like that in the second half I can see them scoring at least once. We were lucky not to concede.

Bent did exactly what we have bought him for and he should be the man we have needed for years - a striker that scores.