Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent half. Great scoreline.

I'll be surprised if we can keep a clean sheet in the second half but we do look more than a little dangerous going forward.

I think Stan has been very good. Downing on the other hand has been virtually anonymous.

Just to give a bit more context to the two sides on display here -

At £18m Darren Bent is our record signing, 50% more expensive than the second costliest player in our history.

City have 5 players in their starting XI who cost the same as or more than him, plus another 3 on the bench.

We're doing quite well, considering...

Observation:

- Bent scored

- We scored too early. We can't defend one goal lead ... or maybe we can but we can't play our own game.

- Gabby is no winger

rather score early than not at all though. I think the half time team talk is important. we need to spread the play quicker out to gabby and Marc. If we are to pass it around then we need to keep it safe.

It's clear Young, Bent and Cuellar are the best of the three tonight.

Glad we're leading. Think this game could go either way still though.

Is it me or is there something seriously wrong with Gabby? Literally been walking around the pitch off the ball with his hands on his hips. Either he isn't happy or he isn't fit.

HE IS NOT A WINGER!

We're surprisingly threatening for such a makeshift lineup. We need to keep it up, though, because the only thing that will get our defense through this one is continually reminding City to be wary of the counter.

Clean sheet at half-time....things are looking up!

Clarks looking more comfortable in the role I thought. Still not entirely convinced about Downing being so deep, but Gabby's done alright (not sure how long he'll last mind).

Bent ain't done jack apart from doing what comes natural to the bloke......and that will do thank you very much. If we stay up and march up the table now, I reckon he'll be worth a million per goal. I'm sure the drop would cost us a lot more than that.