Scientific Experiment V3#03-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this past month?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this past month?

• Yes
    • No

If the media saw this they'd have a field day with the way it's worded.

He hasn't met my approval this month, but by no means do I want him out.

Its worded the way its nearly always worded. Its not a ""do you want the manager sacked" poll, never has been. The fact that you read that into it is purely your own fault

We do this every month, we did it all the time for the previous incumbent

If the media saw this they'd have a field day with the way it's worded.

He hasn't met my approval this month, but by no means do I want him out.

Its worded the way its nearly always worded. Its not a ""do you want the manager sacked" poll, never has been. The fact that you read that into it is purely your own fault

We do this every month, we did it all the time for the previous incumbent

True, but any question which includes the phrase 'does Gerard Houllier meet with your approval as manager' is somewhat loaded and is going to be liable to some misinterpretation about whether people want to see him continue as boss.

A more straightforward question would be: 'Did Gerard Houllier perform well as manager over the past month?'

I dont know how anyone can say he has met their expectations this month, im sure he would be the first to say so too!

Now im all for giving the guy a chance and he has been hampered by certain variables (some which may be of his own doing never-the-less..) but anyone voting in the positive for this month really needs their heads looking at!

Good luck for next month Gerard!

In another world (two months before the season started) GH would be the right man for Villa, I am sure of that - he knows football, he's been round the block, has the contacts, knows the prem and commands respect, and seems a good bloke too. But for many reasons it just isn't working and we just don't have time to indulge ourselves, right man, wrong time: I fear this is Venglos all over again.

At the very least the board needs to throw money at the problem, preferably to buy us goals. I fear three years of substantial investment will come to nothing.

Â