Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Unfortunatley I beleive the decision to keep Houllier is not for football reasons:-

Lerner and Faulkner hated the process of recruiting a new manager - and don't want to go through that again

The focus is now entirley on cost cutting - no matter what division we play our football

Today represented the ideal 'window' to replace Houllier:-

2 managers in Jol & Allardyce - are unemployed - either could do better than 3 wins in 16

No league game for over 10 days....

Lerner and Faulkner didn't take it - IMO this means they are prepared to accept relegation - and GH may last the season. Wrong decision gents - and as I said at the start not a football decision.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is likely the pressure will become too much for him. As he ever been in this position before? ( in the bottom three, terrible run of results, gutless performances, appears to have lost the respect of many of the players, fans increasingly getting on his back calling for his head, many media outlets stating he should go)

I hope it all gets too much for him and he does us all a favour, including himself, and **** off.

I think it is likely the pressure will become too much for him. As he ever been in this position before? ( in the bottom three, terrible run of results, gutless performances, appears to have lost the respect of many of the players, fans increasingly getting on his back calling for his head, many media outlets stating he should go)

I hope it all gets too much for him and he does us all a favour, including himself, and **** off.

I thought you was going to end with kill himself for a minute. :lol:

I thought that too lol

Looking at the next 5 games I'll be very surprised if he's still here after that.

I don't care what Lerner says at the moment, the more games we lose, the louder the fans get and the more trouble we're in, he'll have no choice but to sack him.

Can't wait for him to **** off before the damage he causes is too bad

Unfortunatley I beleive the decision to keep Houllier is not for football reasons:-

Lerner and Faulkner hated the process of recruiting a new manager - and don't want to go through that again

The focus is now entirley on cost cutting - no matter what division we play our football

Today represented the ideal 'window' to replace Houllier:-

2 managers in Jol & Allardyce - are unemployed - either could do better than 3 wins in 16

No league game for over 10 days....

Lerner and Faulkner didn't take it - IMO this means they are prepared to accept relegation - and GH may last the season. Wrong decision gents - and as I said at the start not a football decision.

Thing is if it was all about saving money we wouldn't be accepting relegation as Randy would lose a lot more money that way.

I've heard some fans are taking banners to the Sheffield United game, I think if we lose Saturday he will go.

I would prefer the board to sack him - it would give some glimmer that they have some idea of whats wrong.

You really though that? :crylaugh:

**** me I think he is doing a shit job and will continue to do so but I would never want anything bad to happen to him. He just isn't capable of managing anymore and I do genuinely believe it would be better for everyone including him if he went.

I honestly couldn't give a shit if we went out of the cup on Saturday and I bet GH and Lerner don't really care either. Our main priority this season, which is embarassing to type, must be survival.

Houllier needs to be backed financially in this window by Lerner if he is to stay. None of this £10m crap, £30m at least in order to rebuild the team now. If Lerner is not prepared to give Houllier that money then sack him as we will not get better without 5 or 6 new faces or a new manager.

Hopefully Randy realises that he can't have it both ways. We are at a massive crossroads with our season, and our long term ambition. We either stick with GH and he is backed well or he is replaced. It is clear for everyone to see what will happen if he stays but is not given significant funds now to sort out whatever issues he thinks are within the squad.

Sadly I fear that Randy wants to keep him and not spend much, in which case I will need to start looking for quick routes to Vicarage Road and Fratton Park.

Or perhaps they just feel he's the right man for the job and think he should be given more time?

Note: I'm not saying he is the right man for the job, but the board obviously think he is.

It appears that the fact he has fell out with Carew, Warnock, Dunne, Ireland and Friedel isnt all bad as it seems they arent that popular with some fans.

Thing is by the law of averages that he must have upset one or two players who are quite popular with the fans, rumours that Cuellar has handed in a transefer request, rumours of a bust up with Albrighton, Gabby not exactly busting a gut......

How many of the first team squad actually want to play for the current manager because there is a limit to how many he can shift out and repalce and if the majority left come the end of January dont want to play for him we are going down.

I will wager that out of the 4 managers whose jobs are on the line Houllier will be the 4th to get the push and it will be too late by then.

Daily Heil

We couldn’t believe what we were hearing,’ said one player.

Three victories in 15 games since taking over have left Houllier facing a battle to save his job, although in public chief executive Paul Faulkner and owner Randy Lerner remain committed to their boss.

Villa’s owners do not want to sack a manager five months after appointing him. But with a dressing room at odds with themselves, crowds dwindling and games against city rivals Birmingham and the two Manchester giants looming, things may not improve quickly.

Someones been on the phone..

I hope it was sarcastic, otherwise he's lost the dressing room.

Â