415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to have monthly approval ratings threads for the manager ( I think started by Gingo but cant be sure ) be interesting to have one now
Here ya go

That was obviously started before the chelsea game. Judging by the mood in here there would be a big swing in votes if it had started after the chelsea game.

The more I look at our current league position the more of a disgrace it is. I really do not care about the excuse of injuries, or he is changing things. Yes there have been a few injuries but I would argue he has still made mistakes and some of the injuries have been brought on by his changes IMO

In terms of him changing things well for the worse IMO. Come into a club that you cannot make playing changes to for a while and so try and radically alter loads of things? No sense at all to that. Better to keep things ticking along with the odd subtle change here and there until you can bring your own people in.

17th in the league. 17TH FFS for a team who have been 6th consistentely challenging the top 5 and enjoyed cup cup runs.

He has made mistakes in tactics, selection, handling players, ( and still does), bringing in Pires was a mistake, handling the fans both before he joined and while he has been here.

An unmitigated disaster this bloke from start to finish and Randy has to have the balls to get shot now before it is too late

17th in a league is an utter disgrace for our club no matter what the circumstances. Absolute shambles of a manager.

I've said it before and i will say it again. No way should he sacked if we lose tonight. Sunderland are a good team. We have no divine right to beat them no matter who's in charge.

Tonight is about the performance, if the team plays in the same way we did at Chelsea and still lose... then he's very safe.

If we go back to looking like a shambles then I wouldn't argue if he did get sacked.

Tbh i expect us to beat Sunderland at home

Anything less than 3 points is a bad result considering our league position

We have a clean bill of health so injuries is not an issue Sunderland are rubbish away from home but shouldnt be underestimated.

Tonight is about the performance, if the team plays in the same way we did at Chelsea and still lose... then he's very safe.

I think that is quite quite wrong on a number of levels.

We can no longer concern ourselves with performances we need wins for a start

In addition we cannot keep saying"keep playing that way and we'll be safe", it's results we need

I've said it before and i will say it again. No way should he sacked if we lose tonight. Sunderland are a good team. We have no divine right to beat them no matter who's in charge.

If we go back to looking like a shambles then I wouldn't argue if he did get sacked.

What if we play like a shambles but get 3 points?

Safe or gone?

In addition we cannot keep saying"keep playing that way and we'll be safe", it's results we need

Exactly, I don't give a damn how we do it along as we win. If we lose he has to go! we should never have been in this situation!

How much is this low position costing us in the transfer market now i wonder, what half decent player would want to go to a team that is so low. GH has made a mess of things in so many wys since he's gotten here the man is a joke, i just hope after tonight Randy has the bollox to give him the sack, in saying that i think we are about two or three weeks to late with getting rid.

I think we will snatch a win.... And keep a Clean sheet in the process...

Even if we lose it just so crazy to get rid of the manager still so soon into his time with us, he does need more time, he does need this transfer window and then we should see... End of February for me, if he is shown the door, Benitez or Alladyce please...

Exactly, I don't give a damn how we do it along as we win. If we lose he has to go! we should never have been in this situation!

He was never the right man at the time, Randy took such a moral high ground and decided that getting a manager from another club at the time wasn't good, compleat pile of crap if you ask me.. i cant get over the fact that we are in such a low position under this flute.

Even if we lose it just so crazy to get rid of the manager still so soon into his time with us, he does need more time, he does need this transfer window and then we should see... End of February for me, if he is shown the door, Benitez or Alladyce please...

:shock: Hush your mouth!

...and Fran, since when weren't you a Houllier fan?

He doesnt deserve anymore time, he's got us into this mess and i dont think he's the man to et us out of it tbh..

I have never liked the old fool, he was the wrong appointment from day one. He should have stayed with the French fa, he's to old to be coming back into prem management.

How much is this low position costing us in the transfer market now i wonder, what half decent player would want to go to a team that is so low. GH has made a mess of things in so many wys since he's gotten here the man is a joke, i just hope after tonight Randy has the bollox to give him the sack, in saying that i think we are about two or three weeks to late with getting rid.

What if we win tonight though? We'll be just 6 points off Sunderland with a game in hand against Wigan.

As for low position costing in the transfer markets, players that sign 3/4 year deals, I doubt will care too much.

I have never liked the old fool, he was the wrong appointment from day one. He should have stayed with the French fa, he's to old to be coming back into prem management.

Yeah... nevermind :P

Â