Houllier post Man City press conference.

The_Rev

I just stumbled upon this via Twitter, might be of interest to some and it will get buried in other threads.

Houllier admits relegation battle, he "doesnt hear" the fans calling for his head and he says John Carew declared himself unfit again.

Carew got stuck due to the weather problems and got back and wasnt fit anymore. What the hell was he up to in Norway?

Kick the shit out, hes been unfit for years now, what a joke hes become. You can clearly see how little hope Houllier has, compare that interview, the sound of his voice

and everything to how he was when he first came. Voice of a dead old man.

It's worrying that he says the job is bigger than he thought and adds "for many reasons", it sounds like there are serious problems at the club that he wasn't aware of when he signed up for the job, that or these problems have materialised since he joined.

Oh and Carew can **** off now, he has about as much interest in playing for the villa as i have in playing 5-a-side the day after a massive session on the booze, he's an amateur.

I mentioned what Houllier's post match interview would be and there were no surprises!

Our heads dropped apparently when the 1st goal went in.

Good one, now I though the manager was meant to create a belief in players and never say die attitude.

All he has done is give us a normally lose mentality!

just seems disappointed with the defeat to me. Maybe he does care. There is clearly something very wrong with our club in terms of playing staff attitudes that I dont feel is solely 100% GH's fault and so i have some sympathy for him in that sense.

I would really love to know what is going on behind doors. Reading some of MM's posts, im disgusted with some of the players attitudes' etc. No matter, who your manager is (whether you like him or not), in the real world on the minimum wage you'd be sacked for showing the attitude that some players seem to be showing.

While these attitudes continue, I am totally disinterested in Aston Villa. Sadly that wont solve anything either! January cant come soon enough

I actually felt quite sorry for him watching that interview. He looks like a broken man and completely and utterly defeated. I guess the match yesterday was when it dawned on him that it is all falling down around him.

I think he does really need to go as I very much doubt that he can motivate the players to deliver anything now.

Lerner only needs to see that press conference to see that GH does not have what it takes to get us out of this.

Carew is taking the piss!

The players need to take as much of the blame, they dont like GH's ways and have thrown dummy out of pram and its us who is suffering!

just seems disappointed with the defeat to me. Maybe he does care. There is clearly something very wrong with our club in terms of playing staff attitudes that I dont feel is solely 100% GH's fault and so i have some sympathy for him in that sense.

I would really love to know what is going on behind doors. Reading some of MM's posts, im disgusted with some of the players attitudes' etc. No matter, who your manager is (whether you like him or not), in the real world on the minimum wage you'd be sacked for showing the attitude that some players seem to be showing.

While these attitudes continue, I am totally disinterested in Aston Villa. Sadly that wont solve anything either! January cant come soon enough

Agree

Unless Lerner invests heavily, I forsee us ending up a mid table club like we were under Doug. Or worse.

Unfortunately, we have a squad of players that seem like they were only able to perform under MONs enigmatic style. Its true that O'Neills biggest asset was getting average players to play above themselves as a unit. MON had his faults, not least bailing out and leaving us in the shit like a gutless bastard just before the season started. But we always played with spirit and fight under him, he got the best out of those players. Houllier is a completely different manager, different personality, playing style and ethos. He is not a man manager and seems to have a very negative outlook. If he was given as much money as MON was to build a squad maybe he'd do OK for us. But with the players he has at his disposal and limited funds, he hasn't a chance. He needs to go and Lerner needs to grow a pair and sign a top manager otherwise we might as well be back in the Ellis days.

Â