The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Anyone having problems with the app store?

I can download new apps, but when I try and update existing apps, I hit update and nothing happens. Been like it for a few days now.

Yeh I felt a bit like that, especially as I knew my phone was reaching capacity!

But it doesn't tell you it's full, it just doesn't download the update. It was only when I tried to download a new app and it told me there wasn't enough space that it all clicked.

D'oh! :)

is the orange £65 per month for an iphone and ipad2 a good deal?

i think you get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 2gb data

I may be wrong, but having spent some time playing with an iPad, i don't see why anyone would want both an iPhone AND an iPad.

is the orange £65 per month for an iphone and ipad2 a good deal?

i think you get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 2gb data

I may be wrong, but having spent some time playing with an iPad, i don't see why anyone would want both an iPhone AND an iPad.

I have both, and must admit I only use my iphone as a phone now and occasionaly use the net when out and about.

My head is telling me my next phone should be a bog standard phone,but I know I will end up with the latest apple or android phone that I wont really need.

It's such a luxury though. After my time spent playing with the iPad, I was impressed. i really liked it, but it is literally exactly the same as my iPhone, just with a bigger screen.

I just think they're so similar, the argument of one having a bigger screen doesn't really sway me. If you've got money to spuink, then obviously go for it.

But I don't see why someone would shell out the kind of cash it costs to get an iPad if they already have an iPhone. it's basically paying for a slightly larger version of something they already have.

iPads and other tablets are great. But personally I don't see a big enough distinction between iPads and iPhones to justify needing both.

What if you want an ipad to replace your netbook? You're not going to replace a home pc with an iphone but you can replace one with a tablet like the ipad. Most people just consume media these days, so the tablets really are useful for exactly that.

I'm still with the people that feel the iPad is a luxury too and I don't really see the point in it. I suppose it is what gadgets are all about though, being that it's something you don't need but you still want it.

I would buy one if I had money to burn in all honesty. I currently own a high standard PC, MacBook Pro and Galaxy S2 and this makes it pointless in my eyes. I just don't see where it fits, apart from as a pure luxury item.

What if you want an ipad to replace your netbook? You're not going to replace a home pc with an iphone but you can replace one with a tablet like the ipad. Most people just consume media these days, so the tablets really are useful for exactly that.

Are we at the stage where tablets can replace a normal laptop?

I think as soon as you need your laptop for anything other than browsing the net and apps, a tablet isn't going to cut it.

I think they're probably the future, but right now? Not for me.

As I said, if I didn't have an iPhone I'd definitely look into a tablet.

But as it stands, to me it's like buying a 32 inch TV when I've already got the exact same TV, but only 28 inches.

It's great, but pure luxury.

But what if you just use your pc for watching films and browsing the web like I do. tbf my tablet has a keyboard dock to make it a netbook. But I rarely have it connected.

So the tablet does exactly what it should do and that's enough for me. To each and their own. The iPad is a replacement for the laptop to many. Though it's not a laptop killer yet, and may never be.

I'd agree with Rev, I'd say it could be 90% of the ipad owners owning iphones. I can understand why.

I used to us my netbook sitting on the couch in front of the tv. So the tablet lets this browsing experience be easier. Touch screens are excellent for the internet. Plus the battery life and weight makes then excellent for travelling.

Though they will never really replace a physical keyboard with a touchscreen version. For any large amount of typing a physical keyboard still wins.

Â