Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I REALLY hope this is called off due to the weather.

I'm going to be away and hence I'll be missing it. So if it was postponed, then I'd much appreciate it.

I accept that's a selfish mentality though, and not really the season for it.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to win this simple as that as we are deep in the shit and need to get out asap. Man City and Chelsea away to follow and with us sitting 16th its time Houllier got us out of this mess he as got us in to. We certainly have the players to win.

15th, 2 points off 8th may I add.

This isn't a 'need to win'...simple. A game against Tottenham for any team who aren't title contenders isn't a must win. They are a strong team. A win would be brilliant, we need a point though. No doubt about that.

We still have so many winnable games left, just because we've got tougher games to play first doesn't mean these games somehow become must win IMO.

Loads of tickets left for this game. Obviously the economic situation hasn't helped but poor results and shit performances since Houllier came in have definitely had an impact and knocked a few thousand off attendances. One of the most uninspired managerial appointments in years is costing us both on the pitch and off it at them moment.

weather defo hasnt helped. who would want to pay £30+ to stand in -10 degrees when you could watch it at home. im going to the sunderland game and im hoping the weather will be significantly better!

i think we can beat spurs, i dont see what we have to be afraid of. sure we are on a poor run of form but we won our last game and we are at home and we've got some big players back for this. spurs have lost to west ham and bolton away from home and theyve lost to wigan at home. they are on a 3 game drawing streak. we pushed em at white hart lane. with reo coker and heskey back, we can give em some trouble too

Can't imagine us getting much out of Chelsea, but Spuds are definitely beatable at the moment. As for Citeh, pretty impressive going forward but got a sneaky we'll turn them over with a couple of breakaway 'specials'.

This is all weather permitting, of course.

Can't imagine us getting much out of Chelsea, but Spuds are definitely beatable at the moment. As for Citeh, pretty impressive going forward but got a sneaky we'll turn them over with a couple of breakaway 'specials'.

This is all weather permitting, of course.

The one worry I have about Citeh is that they like to flood one side of the box- yesterday it was the left. So Warnock is going to have to have the game of his life both in breaking up play and then quickly getting it to the midfielders to start the break.