Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't that good. Bale is a very good player but hasn't done it week in week out in terms of creating/scoring goals and can be stopped. Other flank, they aren't that good, although I'm sure Warnock will make Lennon probably look world class.

Bale is now 1 of the best players in the world joe, he's now top drawer no doubt, he's done it against some of the best teams in the world in the cl, lennon is also vastly underrated imo also they have kranjcar in reserve who is a very good player i think

Downing better than bale? Do me a favour, albrighton possibly is better than lennon but needs to do it consistently over the next few seasons
Lennon's shit, certainly worse than both Albrighton and Downing.

As for Bale - he's not been consistent this season at all. If Bale can be consistent and not just have amazing performances against European teams who play a high line then maybe he'll be better than Downing. As it stands, DJ is a lot better. I also think Albrighton has been more consistent and just generally better this season.

Bale is better than Downing, easy. Even when he doesn't score he causes all sorts of problems. Also Lennon can always cause problems on his day solely because of his pace. When he uses it right, he can be dangerous.

Fail to win this and we will find ourselves deep in the mire very shortly. We have the players capable of beating this mob. Lets hope the manager gets it right tactically.
Yes, we know. You said the EXACT same thing earlier at the beginning of the thread. However, Spurs are unfortunately a much better side than us at this moment in time. Getting the tactics right is sometimes not enough and you can simply be outclassed by certain players (e.g. the last time we played them) or the entire team as a whole.

Kudos for managing to talk about Houllier without calling him a pratt or a **** though. :lol:

Bale is better than Downing, easy. Even when he doesn't score he causes all sorts of problems. Also Lennon can always cause problems on his day solely because of his pace. When he uses it right, he can be dangerous.
Downing can also cause a lot of problems too. DJ's been much more consistent this season.

They aren't that good. Bale is a very good player but hasn't done it week in week out in terms of creating/scoring goals and can be stopped. Other flank, they aren't that good, although I'm sure Warnock will make Lennon probably look world class.

Bale is now 1 of the best players in the world joe, he's now top drawer no doubt, he's done it against some of the best teams in the world in the cl, lennon is also vastly underrated imo also they have kranjcar in reserve who is a very good player i think

Bale is a cracking winger but even against us earlier in the season, he did **** all really. He's had some world class performances but only 1/2 a season. He's done no more than what Ash Young achieved in 07/08. To be world class, you have to be doing it almost week in, week out.

Lennon is decent but certainly this season has been pretty poor for the most part as most Spurs fans have said. Albrighton has had a better season.

While Bale is better than Downing, Downing has been just as productive this season in terms of goals and assists.

Fail to win this and we will find ourselves deep in the mire very shortly. We have the players capable of beating this mob. Lets hope the manager gets it right tactically.

if both teams play at their best, only one team will win it.

Agreed, i think a lot of posters are underrating spurs they're a class side full of quality of players with a quality manager

Spurs are a quality side indeed but Bale and Redknapp are really overrated. :P

Rubbish, bale is world class and redknapp is a world class manager who's done well wherever he's gone and got spurs of all teams into the cl

Bale is good, but it's too soon to start calling him world class. Redknapp is an ok manager, but with the money Spurs spent and the players they have he should be finishing top 4/5.