• Sidwell
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Sidwell 58)
    • Carew (for Reo-Coker 82)

One other thought.

Roger Johnson really is an overacting **** pansy, you'd have thought his foot had been severed he was squealing so much, but he came back on 5 minutes later.

Prick.

What he said.

The fact that NRC refused to shake Johnson's hand makes him a hero in my book. Johnson is the biggest bellend in the premiership and I'm including Steven Gerrard in that.

clarke looked the part,never played in that position & did a cracking job, sidwell was again missing & adds nothing, the back four was again imence & even dunne improved on his recent performances, i thought gh might have thrown ireland on to get the goal as we were in control of the ball on the deck for the last 10mins instead carew..sorry but the big mans out stayed his welcome,we need to move on. the big plus is we have gabby/allbright/ireland to return,these players will create more chances..the blues have nothing to add to their team.

NRC's kick out should be worthy of a fine and stripping of the armband imo too. I don't want to see Aston Villa resort to that, especially from what the armband wearer. That belongs to the scum of the league, not us.

Hardly a surprise. Not over the top or anything, a small kick in a local derby. :lol:

Still one of our best players today.

NRC's kick out should be worthy of a fine and stripping of the armband imo too. I don't want to see Aston Villa resort to that, especially from what the armband wearer. That belongs to the scum of the league, not us.

You are surely on a wind-up, right? Look we all know you have a personal vendetta against Nigel Reo-Coker - and that you must be feeling more than a little embarrassed at the moment because the player you've been campaigning against for so long has now been made our captain :lol:

Are you not big enough to hold your hands up and admit when you are so clearly wrong? Check out the MOTM poll and then try and tell me Reo-Coker was 6/10 in today's game. A good proportion of people thought he was the best player on the pitch - and rightly so - as he showed Petrov what being a captain is all about and fought for Aston Villa from the off. He was absolutely everywhere in that game - his work rate and commitment is quite frankly commendable. And he did an absolutely brilliant job of breaking up play, which is his primary job.

If the other 10 players were that committed then we might just have won. You might like to vastly exaggerate what happened today because of your vendetta against him - which is getting somewhat tedious now to say the least - but football is still a contact sport and this was a Second City derby. What Reo-Coker supposedly did is seen in at least one Premiership game every weekend - that's a lot of fines being dished out eh Chindie? Even McLeish said that it "could" have been a sending off in some referee's eyes - which doesn't seem like a reaction that suggests he should be fined and stripped of the captaincy now, does it?

Maybe you are just playing on the situation to suit your arguement, if you can call it that...

I'd have said the same if Paul McGrath did it.

I don't want to see our players doing that.

So no I'm not on the wind-up.

I'm not embarassed about him playing better either - though I think the amount that he's 'playing better' has been exagerrated enormously by people looking for exoneration of their thoughts of him - because I'd rather see Villa players succeed because that means Villa succeeds.

But carry on in your assumptions :thumb:, they're easily rebuffed.

Chindie i have to agree with the above, as much as it was daft and id rather he didnt do it its hardly a stripping of the capatancy offence. Come on man, it was a derby and he is our player who puts himself about. It was a good job he did today otherwise we would have lost. I never really rated him, but he is playing well for us atm.

I think Reo Coker probably did enough for a sending off, I think he probably did enough for MotM too. I thought his energy was the best hope we had of joining a solid defensive effort to Heskey alone up front. He's been a bit on the naughty side with the kick at Gardner, but I think it's forgivable in the heat of a game in which he carried the fight on our behalf.

I'd have said the same if Paul McGrath did it.

I don't want to see our players doing that.

So no I'm not on the wind-up.

I'm not embarassed about him playing better either - though I think the amount that he's 'playing better' has been exagerrated enormously by people looking for exoneration of their thoughts of him - because I'd rather see Villa players succeed because that means Villa succeeds.

But carry on in your assumptions :thumb:, they're easily rebuffed.

Haven't you just assumed the reverse there Chindie by saying people are making up how well he is doing. I don't really care because i wasn't a massive fan but you do like to put him down. Say the same if Mcgrath did it? hmm.

You are surely on a wind-up, right? Look we all know you have a personal vendetta against Nigel Reo-Coker - and that you must be feeling more than a little embarrassed at the moment because the player you've been campaigning against for so long has now been made our captain :lol:

Are you not big enough to hold your hands up and admit when you are so clearly wrong? Check out the MOTM poll and then try and tell me Reo-Coker was 6/10 in today's game. A good proportion of people thought he was the best player on the pitch - and rightly so - as he showed Petrov what being a captain is all about and fought for Aston Villa from the off. He was absolutely everywhere in that game - his work rate and commitment is quite frankly commendable. And he did an absolutely brilliant job of breaking up play, which is his primary job.

If the other 10 players were that committed then we might just have won. You might like to vastly exaggerate what happened today because of your vendetta against him - which is getting somewhat tedious now to say the least - but football is still a contact sport and this was a Second City derby. What Reo-Coker supposedly did is seen in at least one Premiership game every weekend - that's a lot of fines being dished out eh Chindie? Even McLeish said that it "could" have been a sending off in some referee's eyes - which doesn't seem like a reaction that suggests he should be fined and stripped of the captaincy now, does it?

Maybe you are just playing on the situation to suit your arguement, if you can call it that...

Well said mate - I honestly can't believe the opinions of some people on this site. It makes me ashamed to be associated to the same club as some of these people !!

I'm not sure you rebuffed them but it's nice to have something to cling to I suppose.

I'm also in awe how not being supported by the majority is somehow a bad thing. I don't give a **** if no-one agrees with me. I'd rather Aston Villa were a paragon of fair play rather than slumming it with activities worthy of the knuckle draggers we played today. If I'm alone in thinking that, so be it, I couldn't care less. And thats before you get to thinking about not being terribly happy with a player not being able to control himself in such a way that could see him off the pitch.

Still, we're not going to agree and thats fine.

I'm not sure you rebuffed them but it's nice to have something to cling to I suppose.

I'm also in awe how not being supported by the majority is somehow a bad thing. I don't give a **** if no-one agrees with me. I'd rather Aston Villa were a paragon of fair play rather than slumming it with activities worthy of the knuckle draggers we played today. If I'm alone in thinking that, so be it, I couldn't care less. And thats before you get to thinking about not being terribly happy with a player not being able to control himself in such a way that could see him off the pitch.

Still, we're not going to agree and thats fine.

No we are not going to agree, and yes, it seems you are alone in thinking that. Maybe that tells you something?

That I may be alone in thinking it is what it tells me. Should it tell me anything else?

for the record I don't like Young's actions in diving and whinging so much either, it just so happens that those aren't quite as scummy in my view as kicking out petulantly at the opponent.

Still, lets not waste the bandwidth, eh?

I thought Reo Coker's actions were cowardly and could have cost us big time. If he had been sent off we could have been in real trouble at the death. Also, coming back on the pitch at the end to flex his muscles, just being a knob. Its the kind of thing you would expect from Carr or Johnson, not a Villa captain. Hard men play hard, not act like a teenage chav.

This is the main difference with rugby and footy, in rugby we just have it out there and then, both people either get told off or binned for 10, but you shake hands and get on with the game either way. In footy it just builds up and carries on for ages after.

Friedel - 7. Needs to calm down and think before booting the ball upfield to no-one though.

Warnock & Young - 6 Needed them to get forward and put pressure on the noses today, it didn't happen.

Dunne - 6 Not a real lot to deal with

Collins - 4 He's getting 2 marks knocked off for wasting the ball too much, hoofing it upfield and giving it away. All it does is invite pressure back on to us.

Sidders - 5 Mediocre

Nige - 7 Gritty performance. Led from the front. Sad to see him react to the noses though.

Clark - 7 He can stay there for me.

Downing - 5 As you would expect, this was a gritty, touch tackling, niggly match. Therefore, as you'd expect, Downing was anonymous for large parts of the game.

Ash - 7 Looks better out wide than supporting a striker.

Emile - 5 Poor performance. Fluffed a couple of chances, didn't thinik much of his workrate. Badly need Gabby back, plus another decent striker. Emile and Carew are not good enough.

Subs:

Bannan - Dead chuffed with him. Looks so comfortable on the ball and gave us more attacking impetus. Also allowed Ash to go out wide and we looked more dangerous when he came on.

Carew - Came on too late. Could have had more impact Should have been on at 70 minutes.

Ref - Nearly lost it a couple of times, didn't do either team any favours with some of his decisions.

Â