The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

Depends on the film I think. A lot of block buster/churned out bean counting/kids stuff is edited down to a 'sellable' length and they're filmed with that in mind. Others are trimmed to that length after the fact (I suspect this happened with Prometheus, it was too long so the studio leant on the production to be cut back - the end result being a bit of a mess).

Nolan with this I think will have been told 'Don't come back with a 4 hour film, but within reason, do what you like', simply because he's made so much money for Warner Bros they don't care, and this film will rake in money no matter what.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the film I think. A lot of block buster/churned out bean counting/kids stuff is edited down to a 'sellable' length and they're filmed with that in mind. Others are trimmed to that length after the fact (I suspect this happened with Prometheus, it was too long so the studio leant on the production to be cut back - the end result being a bit of a mess).

Nolan with this I think will have been told 'Don't come back with a 4 hour film, but within reason, do what you like', simply because he's made so much money for Warner Bros they don't care, and this film will rake in money no matter what.

This.

You can also tell the length at the script stage and they sometimes cut things down that early in development.

There have to be contraints as every extra bit of footage that is shot eats up time and budget. With a lesser budget things are much more controlled than with a bigger budget.

OT, but I notice you have the most recent post in the film thread briggaman and I'm going to assume that's because you've seen Spider-Man. You haven't put anything spoilery in there have you? :P

OT, but I notice you have the most recent post in the film thread briggaman and I'm going to assume that's because you've seen Spider-Man. You haven't put anything spoilery in there have you? :P

As someone who wouldn't go to see Spiderman if you paid me, I've read his post (and the subsequent one about Spiderman) on your behalf, and I am pleased to inform you that it is Spoiler free (unless the name of the villain is a spoiler. In which case, it is not spoiler free)

As someone who wouldn't go to see Spiderman if you paid me...

After saying that, turns out I am probably going on Sunday now.

Said I'd go to the cinema with my housemate and that's all he wants to see so I gave in.

BUt only because it will give me a chance to sample "The Giant Screen" before The Dark Knight, and hopefully convince him that we need to books some tickets for that

You'd have lost less face using Harry Potter

:oops:

not that i watch twilight just using it as an example. trailer looks fantastic though

Which trailer? TDKR or Twilight?

:D

Right - this got it's first press screenings tonight. 2 things - it got a standing ovation and all reactions so far are basically saying 'Blown Away' (the little known sequel to Gone with the Wind...).

Secondly - Spoilers are flying like really bad people everywhere - forums/twitter/youtube especially is/are going to be rife, so if you want to stay in the dark, do not go anywhere near anything TDKR related on those sorta sites. There are some spoiler free impressions, and they can be summed up with this

c9GiB.gif

Right - this got it's first press screenings tonight. 2 things - it got a standing ovation and all reactions so far are basically saying 'Blown Away' (the little known sequel to Gone with the Wind...).

Secondly - Spoilers are flying like really bad people everywhere - forums/twitter/youtube especially is/are going to be rife, so if you want to stay in the dark, do not go anywhere near anything TDKR related on those sorta sites. There are some spoiler free impressions, and they can be summed up with this

c9GiB.gif

Damn you Chindie, you've just made 14 days seem a year longer. :D

It's bound to be a classic. I'm not reading any reviews for fear of little spoilers or for fear that I will pick up on parts that I wouldn't otherwise mind. I'm going in fresh off the trailers, with high expectations that I know will be met. In Nolan I trust.

I haven't really read any reviews tbh, just excerpts, for fear of running into spoilers.

Drats, 19/7 is a Thursday - I'll probably have to wait till the 21st to give it a watch. If it's anywhere near as good as they're saying, I'll probably end up giving it another 2 or 3 watches in the theatres, just like I did with TDK.

Â