Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Guys but I'm can't quite understand this sudden Stephen Ireland 'love fest'. Yes he's an OK player who has good technical ability and can produce the odd good pass but he certainly isn't a player that takes the game by the scruff of the neck and changes it.

For me he is a luxury player where you have to be able to build your style of play around him and I don't see him as being that good that we would want to do that and we certainly aren't in a position to do it. Given his fagile personality and temperament I would certainly consider selling and freeing up his high salary.

Lets face it we are only lauding Stephen Ireland because of the inept crap that we are serving up by the rest of the squad at the moment. Stephen Ireland wouldn't have got anywhere near our side of a few years ago

Sorry Guys but I'm can't quite understand this sudden Stephen Ireland 'love fest'. Yes he's an OK player who has good technical ability and can produce the odd good pass but he certainly isn't a player that takes the game by the scruff of the neck and changes it.

There's only so much one player can do when the team is playing such utter crap. He deserves all the plaudits he's receiving as he is working very hard for them. Would Petrov have have shown the commitment to make that challenge on Ox while on a yellow card? No, he didn't even bother to contest left-back Gibbs waltzing into his box, and he's our club captain!

But Ireland is only 'standing out' because of how shit AM has got us playing. As I said he would get nowhere near our side of a couple of years ago and the reason he is only linked with the MSL is because he ain't good enough and there will be no suitors for his signature from anyone in the premiership

But Ireland is only 'standing out' because of how shit AM has got us playing. As I said he would get nowhere near our side of a couple of years ago and the reason he is only linked with the MSL is because he ain't good enough and there will be no suitors for his signature from anyone in the premiership

I'm sorry but bull, if Stephen Ireland was playing in a decent passing team he'd be a star playing through balls on to players who move as opposed to the statues that Villa are employing. I expect that there are premiership teams that would be interested, I'm more interested in having a manager who works on intuition and link play - that way we'd score a shed load of goals with Ireland on the pitch.

Well according to our manager Ireland can't pass the ball

I think the manager is confused, Ireland is guilty only of expecting more than nothing from his team mates. and passes into space most PL players would be moving into. Weiman I think may well be a better player than Gabby in terms of this so I'd like to see more Weiman/Ireland on the pitch at the same time.

Guy on talksport just now was talking as if Ireland to the New York red bulls was pretty much a done deal.

Surely Ireland wouldn't drop to that level at this point in his career.

Ireland doesnt strike me as an ambitious player. He is more of a pay check man. if he can get 50k per week or more I would imagine living in New York with that kind of wedge is very appealing to him.

Guy on talksport just now was talking as if Ireland to the New York red bulls was pretty much a done deal.

Ireland doesnt strike me as an ambitious player. He is more of a pay check man. if he can get 50k per week or more I would imagine living in New York with that kind of wedge is very appealing to him.

Sounds appealing to me too :D

Sounds appealing to me too :D

Yeah, I think i could manage with that lifestyle just about 8)

why would he say he wants back in Irish team if he was moving US it doesnt make any sense

1) too much travel involved for a "pay check" player for next to no money

2) Way less chance of starting for Ireland if playing in lower league....

He certainly wasnt only out there for his "pay check" when most had given up last week and he made that tackle on Ox at two nil thats one thing for sure.

Personally i think it would be a good move for him. Hes not cut out to do the business week in week out in the English PL.

If we get anything over 5m for him it would be good business

€5m prob would be good value for him given his wage bill etc but to be honest if you could be bothered going back thru the old match threads hes got voted motm in almost all the games hes started since he became a regular so what does that say about the rest of the squad...and his ability to do it on a regular basis

when hes played week in week out hes been consistantly one of the best players (of a bad bunch granted).

I do manage to watch most Villa games for myself mate and no way was he MOTM in every game he played. He has stood out in maybe 2-3 games this season. You also have to bear in mind that he is massively overrated on here so those MOTM votes are slightly biased

I do manage to watch most Villa games for myself mate and no way was he MOTM in every game he played. He has stood out in maybe 2-3 games this season. You also have to bear in mind that he is massively overrated on here so those MOTM votes are slightly biased

for what he gets paid per week we could snap up 3 decent players from europe on bosmans

very talented very lazy. reminds me of collymore and dalian atkinson. has all the ability to be a world class player but cant be **** arsed. people like that really piss me off.

been better this year but lets face it he hasnt had to do a lot to make an improvement on his previous season has he :lol: