Stephen Ireland

Richard

But you're talking about one of the best deals in Premier League history. You would be troubled to justify any signing if you were to use Spurs' signing of Van Der Vaart as the benchmark of reasonable business.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All im trying to say is that for a player whos on a reported 80 grand a week id be expecting alot more. Look at Cabaye at Newcastle. Sigurdsson at Swansea. Lots of players who are on less money and are, quite frankly, better players

I'd be extremely disappointed.

Why? He's not worth the best part of 70k a week he gets paid

We desperately need him off the payroll

Let the kids flourish now

He's probably the most technically brilliant player in our team. One of the only ones that have me eagerly looking forward to watching play (this is subjective)...and arguably in our top 3 of best players overall.

Also, the fact that he hasn't really hit his absolute peak yet really fills me with hope for next season. Especially if we get a manager in (which I know is not likely at all) who can play to our attacking strengths , I think we have a very exciting player on our hands.

@Stu, I think he's a much better player than Sigurdsson in the same position. Cabaye is a completely different type of player.

I hope he does **** off, and as soon as possible.

A luxury player, who has been carried since the day he arrived.

A couple of decent passes in the odd game in 10 does not make him him MOTM an anyway, shape or form.

The day he shuffles away from Villa Park can't come quick enough.

I think it's a combination of his massive wages (when we have to cut them to get other players in) and a lack of consistency, which is why people want rid.

I'm more interested in the chance of shifting some of our other overpaid high earners to the MLS.

Im **** lost here.

The most technically gifted player we have who is starting to look like finding his Man City form, and people want rid of him!?!?

Yes, Downing mark 2

Eh!?! Downing was a very decent player for us?

Im **** lost here.

The most technically gifted player we have who is starting to look like finding his Man City form, and people want rid of him!?!?

I'm with you Wigman, seems crazy eh...

I think Bannan and maybe Delph could fill the midfield role ok if they were given a few starts, all Bannan needs is a bit more experiance,Delph is one for the futore.

Delph has showed absolutely nothing to say he's a Premier League footballer, personally I dont think he's anywhere near good enough. He aint so young anymore....

All im trying to say is that for a player whos on a reported 80 grand a week id be expecting alot more.

He'll be on 140k a week by the time another 10 pages are added in this thread, seems to go up every other page.

He has been one of the very few bright sparks this season. He is quite obviously a highly intelligent player who has been at the centre of most of our good play this season, why the **** do people want to get rid of him?! Too many people made up their minds last season when lets face it he wasn't given a fair go at all by Houllier was he?

I think Ireland was on something like 80k at Man City with 3 years on his contract.

Man City asked him to leave and talk to Villa in part of the Milner deal.

Ireland spoke to Villa and we told him we'd only give him 60k a week.

Ireland then negotiated with Man City to pay him the extra 20k a week which he is owed on his current deal and then he'd happily move.

Man City agree to pay the extra 20k to Ireland every week and they get Milner.

I'm pretty sure that's how it happened.

I hope he does **** off, and as soon as possible.

A luxury player, who has been carried since the day he arrived.

A couple of decent passes in the odd game in 10 does not make him him MOTM an anyway, shape or form.

The day he shuffles away from Villa Park can't come quick enough.

I've tried to word this better

I can't, it's absolutely bang on the money

Man City pays a portion of his wages, around the 20k mark iirc.

Teams don't sell players and then continue to pay their wages, no.

They do.

I remember hearing (on the BBC I think) that Ginola whilst at Everton was still having part of his salary paid by us and part still being paid by Spurs.