Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no wonder he couldn't be arsed last year.

He must have thought why am I playing with these bunch of talentless rubbish? Why am I at a club that's not mounting to anything? Being ditched by Man City must have hit him hard.

But it's obvious now he's trying to save his career. Let's hope he does enough because we know McLeish and his circus defence won't do **** at all. At best, a 1 yard pass success.

Thought he was excellent from what i saw. MOM for me. I agree with the previous comment him and N'zogbia could be as good as him and Robinho.

Does that not rely on N'Zogbia being as good as Robinho? I have thought at times Robinho a little overrated, but come on now.

It's no wonder he couldn't be arsed last year.

He must have thought why am I playing with these bunch of talentless rubbish? Why am I at a club that's not mounting to anything? Being ditched by Man City must have hit him hard.

But it's obvious now he's trying to save his career. Let's hope he does enough because we know McLeish and his circus defence won't do **** at all. At best, a 1 yard pass success.

We had much more talent in the squad last year than we do know...Both Youngs, Downing, Kyle Walker, arguably Makoun.

Ireland was excellent after his assist for about 10 minutes, was popping up everywhere and pulling the strings.

Just one regret that he couldn't quite get the ball through to Bent when he broke through at I think 1 nil.

He'll like the Holte End signing his name without question...a player that needs to feel like he's being loved and then he will respond.

He has a great footballers brain, looks really out of place in our team as nobody on same wavelength as him

He finds space so well on the pitch but no one ever passes to him as Collins would rather hoof the ball 30 yards to Bent or Gabby. :|

Only real footballers in our squad on his wavelength are Bannan and possibly N'zog and Keane.

Being severly hampered by players inabilities to find passes to him the way he does for them when he makes runs because he takes up some excellent positions, they just take 5 touches miss his run and he ends up in an offside position,

Only player that can play one touch football in starting 11 today

You've got to gave the manager credit for Ireland's upsurge in form.

Meh. I could do. He's handled him well clearly. He's wasting him, but at least we have him playing.

A lot of it is down to fitness, not having that bastion of man management Houllier give up on him after a shaky start and an improvement in maturity perhaps.

He also knows that if he doesn't start performing soon this may be his last big contract. Let's not kid ourselves here, he's a synical footballer who's not here to be a terrace hero. If he wants to make sure that he continues to earn the big bucks, here or somewhere else, he needs to start to playing well.