Stephen Ireland

Richard

Have to admit, I wouldn't pick Ireland for us (I wouldn't pick Pires either)

The issue is he is an expensive player that we dont seem able to get to play for us and now no other team wants (unless we give him away I guess)

Bad signing gone worse

And as for Ireland :winkold:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the last press conference I went to, Houllier said he only sees Ireland in the hole behind the striker and obviously he's played Young there all season but he did say he had tried it in training games and even in league games but it just didn't work. He then went to say the performances of Downing and Albrighton has infact put pressure on Young to perform but he can't get back on the wing because of their performances. So until Downing/Albrighton/Young are injured for a while, Ireland might not get in the team. However he did say he's improving in training and impressed him so we'll see, he'll probably feature again from Feb should we be out of the bottom 3.

At the last press conference I went to, Houllier said he only sees Ireland in the hole behind the striker and obviously he's played Young there all season but he did say he had tried it in training games and even in league games but it just didn't work. He then went to say the performances of Downing and Albrighton has infact put pressure on Young to perform but he can't get back on the wing because of their performances. So until Downing/Albrighton/Young are injured for a while, Ireland might not get in the team. However he did say he's improving in training and impressed him so we'll see, he'll probably feature again from Feb should we be out of the bottom 3.

Thats actually fairly reassuring - that GH isn't necessarily pleased with Ash's recent contributions in the hole.

Thats actually fairly reassuring - that GH isn't necessarily pleased with Ash's recent contributions in the hole.

:D

Sorry...

By the first line I meant he had tried Ireland in the hole behind striker but didn't work, incase you got confused with meaning he tried Young there

But if that's relative to the comments based on Young not being able to get back onto the wing then yes I agree with you, think Ireland has simply been dropped because there are players better than him starting. But then again why does Pires get on the bench ahead of him? I don't suppose we'll ever know.

:D

Sorry...

haha. Damn, I must be losing it in my young age.

When a very talented player leaves your club, it's a loss.

I'm left with an abiding feeling of "what might have been...".

Exactly, and if he starts putting in the sort of performances for Everton which we know he is capable of with the right management, it will be even worse.

Do you know, I'd even forgotten he was a Villa player.

Although he has been absoltely awful with an attitude that Mike Tyson would be ashamed of.

I'm not going to give up yet, there are many many examples where this has happened then they go on to be a superb player.

Berbatov was a flop last year, and remember when Spurs bought Gareth Bale - they never won a game

He is only 23 remember