Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'd start him tonight just to keep his run going and to familiarise himself further with being first choice for Villa. Not to mention he'd run rings around Hereford on his own.

Though i agree in part BOF, a clubs most important players are usually rested for ties like these.

Would telling him to stay at home and be ready for wolves, not familiarise him further with being a "first choice player?"

McLeish said in no uncertain terms that we'd be taking the cups very seriously. I expect a weakened side but I don't expect all the stiffs to feature. There will be senior players playing tonight. Maybe only a few. I'd make Delph one of those.

I agree with BOF. We aren't in Europe, we're not likely to challenge the Champions League positions, this is our best chance of success for this season. Why throw that away by fielding a severly weakened team and going out early in a shock exit? Delph needs games for us, and this season is his big chance to prove himself with us.

McLeish said in no uncertain terms that we'd be taking the cups very seriously. I expect a weakened side but I don't expect all the stiffs to feature. There will be senior players playing tonight. Maybe only a few. I'd make Delph one of those.

He's struggled with injuries the last couple of seasons, we should have enough without Delph. I would consider Delph an important member of the starting VI and i think there is no need to risk him in this match.

Delph doesnt need to be risked in this match. Makoun, Ireland, Bannan can all play in place of Delph, i dont see the point in risking him.

He's struggled with injuries the last couple of seasons, we should have enough without Delph. I would consider Delph an important member of the starting VI and i think there is no need to risk him in this match.

Delph doesnt need to be risked in this match. Makoun, Ireland, Bannan can all play in place of Delph, i dont see the point in risking him.

I can see BOF's point BUT I would really like to see that midfield three given a chance against Hereford.

Starting to step up to the plate. Great to see. Keep it up Fab!!

Agree! If he goes keep it and keeps progressing we will have a real player on our hands!

The sort of player i thought we had when we signed him.

Was always obvious that Delph had a lot of talent, really good to see him getting a regular starting place now. This guy could be a top premiership player if his attitude remains good and has luck with injuries. After a run of games and the obvious lift in confidence this will give I think we will see even more of him in an attacking sense.

• 3 weeks later...
Â