Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Players moving elsewhere to get more money. Wow such a shock. None of us would ever do that...

So basically Villa fans are in one of three camps.

"He was rubbish anyway"

"He'll never play for them"

"There's no loyalty in football"

I'm sure none of you were crying when Bent walked out on Sunderland? "But he said he was a loyal guy". Yeah and we all said he was awesome and no suddenly he's rubbish.

Players leave for more money, grow up and get over it.

Players moving elsewhere to get more money. Wow such a shock. None of us would ever do that...

So basically Villa fans are in one of three camps.

"He was rubbish anyway"

"He'll never play for them"

"There's no loyalty in football"

I'm sure none of you were crying when Bent walked out on Sunderland? "But he said he was a loyal guy". Yeah and we all said he was awesome and no suddenly he's rubbish.

Players leave for more money, grow up and get over it.

Another that completely misses the point regarding any bad feeling towards delph.

Surely it's not that difficult to grasp.

• Like 3

If you let yourself get into a position where you can be upset or angry by a footballer leaving your club then you need to have a long look at yourself. I was devastated when Dwight left but I was 13 then.

World class teammates, CL football, more endorsements, more fame, more money. This is a business, they are businessmen. I don't care what he said, I would have done the same, in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

If you let yourself get into a position where you can be upset or angry by a footballer leaving your club then you need to have a long look at yourself. I was devastated when Dwight left but I was 13 then.

World class teammates, CL football, more endorsements, more fame, more money. This is a business, they are businessmen. I don't care what he said, I would have done the same, in a heartbeat.

what a load tripe in the first paragraph, part of being a football fan for most is being passionate about your club, to still be amazed when a player wants to leave the best club in the world...if you are not feeling those feelings then I feel sorry for you as while there are downs, there are also ups having those feelings. If I saw Aston Villa as a business I would've left it a long time ago and as a businessman I have done that a number of times with other businesses in my career

So instead of going round in circles about whether or not he's the worst human being alive, have we actually had any confirmation of the fee?

What's the chances that the clause was for relegation and was reported when city originally enquired a few weeks ago, but we've now agreed on a big fee? Would explain;

- Delphs odd change of tune, as in 'if the club accepted an offer its in the best interests of everyone'

-That this wasn't done immediately when the low clause was realised

-Why City were the only club reported to be interested

How would everyone feel if we've taken £20m to boost the squad?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

CJVAu3_UwAAsM7k.jpg

Now it makes sense. He's taking the armband off, Jack's not happy about it, benteke is praying that he's next and gabby is telling everyone to say nothing about it all

Can Some genius please photo shop speech bubbles above them with some classics quotes and send it to the club! 

Have to say that image is nothing more than the usual PR Propaganda bull shite we have been fed from Faulkner and co over the past few seasons. 

Que the infamous "Lets pull together" statement to be copied and pasted from the achieves for the 3rd time!

Edited by Kingman

I've had a good think about this and i'm still of the opinion that he is a bit of a word removed.

He's gone from being a rich man and a potential club legend to a very rich nobody who will no doubt have a few medals in his cabinet that will mean very little as he will more than likely have watched them be won from the bench.

If he had kept quiet and not come out with all this loyalty bollocks then he would leave with my blessing, whether the club put him up to it or not he should have kept quiet.

Extremely disappointed in him.

• Like 2

Like I asked earlier, can you think of another player who made those sort of comments and then left months later? I can't and it's probably because, even though most footballers want to play for more money and bigger clubs, they wouldn't lower themselves to blatantly lying to the fans of their club in that manner.

If you'd do the same though, well good for you i guess.

• Like 1

what a load tripe in the first paragraph, part of being a football fan for most is being passionate about your club, to still be amazed when a player wants to leave the best club in the world...if you are not feeling those feelings then I feel sorry for you as while there are downs, there are also ups having those feelings. If I saw Aston Villa as a business I would've left it a long time ago and as a businessman I have done that a number of times with other businesses in my career

Why kid yourself by seeing it for something it isn't. It's 100% a business. A business that is quite unique really - in that the customers rock up regardless of the dogshit service they receive week in week out.

I've found by accepting reality it's easier to cope with the disappointments over n over again.

Completely missing the point people are making here.

What you said in your last sentence is spot and he would have left with everyones blessing IF he didn't come out with the bollocks he did a few months ago.

• Like 1

What you said in your last sentence is spot and he would have left with everyones blessing IF he didn't come out with the bollocks he did a few months ago.

Absolutely.  And for proof of this, i suggest anyone who can't grasp why people are annoyed should read the benteke thread when he goes.  Guaranteed the attitude towards him will be different.

• Like 1

Why kid yourself by seeing it for something it isn't. It's 100% a business. A business that is quite unique really - in that the customers rock up regardless of the dogshit service they receive week in week out.

I've found by accepting reality it's easier to cope with the disappointments over n over again.

because if I accepted it as a business then I would move on....if I saw it as a business why would I stay? Below average product, false marketing, absent Owner, expensive, better products elsewhere on the market, about to lose best assets and I could go on.

That was probably more the clubs PR department that Delph. Regardless, maybe he got a taste of Wembley or got jealous seeing the Arsenal players lifting the trophy. Maybe he got fed up of being in a relegation scrap, maybe Benteke leaving flicked a switch, maybe he's just happy to get a 40k rise and a huge signing on fee. I dont know but everything about leaving is an improvement. I really dont care what he said, what footballers say means nothing to me to be honest.

because if I accepted it as a business then I would move on....if I saw it as a business why would I stay? Below average product, false marketing, absent Owner, expensive, better products elsewhere on the market, about to lose best assets and I could go on.

But it's a bit strange to ignore reality when it's quite clear you are fully aware of reality.

Â