Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

consistently? give me a break. We have finished average 16th in them 3 seasons and he is supposed to be the "heartbeat" of our team

3 league goals in 3 seasons is pathetic

There's 10 other players on the pitch you numpty, can't do it all can he?!

Yes but people are calling him the heartbeat, the player that makes us tick

We have been in a relegation battle for 3 years with this heart

Delph has earnt the right to play for England but it's as much to do with a lack of talent than it is his recent performances.

The main point is he also has the talent to go far further than in recent seasons and that has been shown in cameos so far. Maybe he would thrive in a better side and under Sherwood going my fwd as I've always felt his role has been diluted and unfocused under Lambert.

I did say he has talent but never see enough of it to be considered for a top club for me

If their really is an 8 million clause then why arent any of the other European contenders chasing him like SOuthampton or Liverpool or SPurs

Butterfingers people are entitled to their own opinions calling them bitter because they counter yours is also childish.

I'm a big Delph fan and I'm not bitter about him as I think he will stay, even if he leaves I'm grateful he allowed us to get a fee for him. But I still feel his isn't the most consistent of players and as I said its my opinion.

I'm actually calling them bitter because prior to the Man City links, this witch hunt didn't exist. It has nothing to do with being childish. Read the threads of 8 or 9 months ago before he resigned and note the absence of criticism and then the elation when he signed.

And my opinion is that anyone who thinks Delph is inconsistent wouldn't know a footballer if one hit them in the face. People talk about his goals ratio-compared to whose? Gabby? Grealish? Weiman? When playing a tight 3 in midfield, the onus is not on those players to score.

I agree with you on many things Zatman but I don't agree with you about Delph. I think he is a very talented player. He could easily step up to the next level not that I want him to of course unless its with Villa. 

He is good and a battling relegation level but he doesnt offer anything more for me and doesnt turn up in that many games. He has talent but he has never showed it consistently

Selling Delph wont make Villa a better team but it wont cripple us compared to selling Benteke who has lived off the scraps our midfield has fed him

Even Ramsey and Wilshere don't play well consistently.  He didn't play well for Lambert this season because of slow square passing game but he thrived under Sherwood until he ran out of steam at the end. I actually think he's equally as important as Benteke. 

Ramsey doesnt go missing for 8 or 9 games in a row though. I think its continual praising players like Delph that are indication of how poor we are. Only Benteke is worthy of European football from our squad

• Like 1

A lot of people said we wouldn't miss Young and Downing because of N'Zogbia and Albrighton. But look what happened. The same will happen with Delph if he leaves and we don't spend big to replace him.

Butterfingers people are entitled to their own opinions calling them bitter because they counter yours is also childish.

I'm a big Delph fan and I'm not bitter about him as I think he will stay, even if he leaves I'm grateful he allowed us to get a fee for him. But I still feel his isn't the most consistent of players and as I said its my opinion.

I'm actually calling them bitter because prior to the Man City links, this witch hunt didn't exist. It has nothing to do with being childish. Read the threads of 8 or 9 months ago before he resigned and note the absence of criticism and then the elation when he signed.

And my opinion is that anyone who thinks Delph is inconsistent wouldn't know a footballer if one hit them in the face. People talk about his goals ratio-compared to whose? Gabby? Grealish? Weiman? When playing a tight 3 in midfield, the onus is not on those players to score.

Nothing to do with being childish but you ask people how old they are? (which is quite funny given your previous statements)

i genuinely wonder if you know what the word consistency means. 

Also lol at thinking because we dont think hes been consistent for 3 years its a "witchhunt" because of city links. I would not have said a peep if it wasnt for you making a silly statement and i still would think he wasnt consistent.

Hes a good player and quite important for us.

Edited by gharperr

LOLyou.

Your arguments for his consistency has been weak. Brilliant chat with you butterfingers. It has been fun. Cant wait for next time.

edit: so it is about being childish? Thought you said a second ago it wasnt?   #ButterFingersAsConsistentAsDelph

Edited by gharperr

A lot of people said we wouldn't miss Young and Downing because of N'Zogbia and Albrighton. But look what happened. The same will happen with Delph if he leaves and we don't spend big to replace him.

Scouting and backroom staff recruitment has improved since so we should be ok going forward and replacing players. Certainly in a better position than before.

We might have better scouts now, but I still think we could do without having to replace Delph, especially if it's true about him having an £8M release clause. But I'd say there are more signs pointing to him staying rather than going, so we should be okay.

LOLyou.

Your arguments for his consistency has been weak. Brilliant chat with you butterfingers. It has been fun. Cant wait for next time.

edit: so it is about being childish? Thought you said a second ago it wasnt?   #ButterFingersAsConsistentAsDelph

Any chance of you making a post without the need to edit it?

LOL

gharperrasconsistantasDelph

• Like 1

Saw on villa news banter etc that he has NOT travelled to portugal. Although they say it is believed to be because his partner is expecting 2nd child rather than man city. Hmmm. What do we think of that???

Â