Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

So that's £200 and 6 pts per offence given that one causes the other. Nice money maker.

Not all the time, but yeah more or less.

But if it cuts out middle lane hogging I'm all for it :D

So that's £200 and 6 pts per offence given that one causes the other. Nice money maker.

Even though our rules are the same as yours w.r.t. motorway lanes, in reality only our outside lane is treated as an overtaking lane (and even that gets its hogs). It's another example of how we as a nation can't really drive properly. The inside is almost treated as a filter lane for the next exit and the middle lane is for people happily plodding along straight. So it'd never work over here :)

To be honest I'd like it applied with a fair dollop of discretion.

I don't want Joe Bloggs who's overtaking two lorries 100 yards apart to have to weave in and out of the inside lane just to avoid a fine (unless he's doing 51mph to the lorries' 50 mph)

But I would like it applied to the people who take the mickey.

Can't see it being able to be 'policed' at all really. It's a law to try to 'scare' people into not driving in that way.

Hope it works and hope it's policed (it'd need a load more police resources) but I have serious doubts.

Edited by Jon

It's only if they happen across it on their rounds. They'll now have a punishment for it whereas before they'd have had to argue driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving. There won't be new resources scouring the motorways for it. Just the usual lot having a looksee.

Even though our rules are the same as yours w.r.t. motorway lanes, in reality only our outside lane is treated as an overtaking lane (and even that gets its hogs). It's another example of how we as a nation can't really drive properly. The inside is almost treated as a filter lane for the next exit and the middle lane is for people happily plodding along straight. So it'd never work over here :)

exact same as England that Bri. That's one of the things it's aiming at stopping, the people that should be in the left lane, plodding along in the middle at say 60 (or less). But it would take a lot of police resources to enforce it effectively.

exact same as England that Bri. That's one of the things it's aiming at stopping, the people that should be in the left lane, plodding along in the middle at say 60 (or less). But it would take a lot of police resources to enforce it effectively.

I imagine the difference is that you lot probably know what you're doing. If you told an Irish driver that they were doing it wrong, it would probably be news to them.

I imagine the difference is that you lot probably know what you're doing. If you told an Irish driver that they were doing it wrong, it would probably be news to them.

I find traffic islands in Ireland highly amusing.

Well at least now that they're popping up around where I usually stay. They've never had them anywhere near that place. I didn't even realise there were so many ways to do it wrong!

Well at least now that they're popping up around where I usually stay. They've never had them anywhere near that place. I didn't even realise there were so many ways to do it wrong!

You mean around Bantry? There wouldn't have been much of a need for them :) But yeah, roundabouts in general and their many variations are a thing of great amusement to me over here. I've (thankfully) yet to see any multi-roundabouts over here yet and I'm not looking forward to them. I was on one in Bletchley once (as a passenger). It would be a demolition derby over here.

You mean around Bantry? There wouldn't have been much of a need for them :) But yeah, roundabouts in general and their many variations are a thing of great amusement to me over here. I've (thankfully) yet to see any multi-roundabouts over here yet and I'm not looking forward to them. I was on one in Bletchley once (as a passenger). It would be a demolition derby over here.

Well yeah, West Cork in general.

But there's a fair few popping up these days around the "bigger" towns like Skib, Clonakilty and further towards Cork like in Bandon etc. Anywhere with a bypass basically :)

£100 fine and 3 points for middle lane hogs

:clap:

that should be everyone over the age of 50 off the road within 6 months

just the pesky women drivers to get shot off and then we can get the roads moving again 

How about 3 points for the inability to park a car .. that should do it

Â