Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

That's why I went for my Gibson Sonex back in the 80s - it was clearly an attempt to get the best of both worlds, effectively a Les Paul crossed with a Telecaster. Two pairs of humbuckers, but with a coil tap switch to get that trebly single coil sound when you want it. Schaller machines that stay in tune through anything you like, and the whole thing is built like a brick shithouse - very heavy (in the actual weight sense!), so it's hard work on the shoulders, but it sustains like a bitch. I would ideally have liked lower profile frets, but I've got used to the neck after all these years. I love it. 

This should really be in the VT Musicians thread. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Yeah I was tempted by a coil tapping humbucker but have been playing with humbuckers for 10 years and have never owned a single coil pickup guitar (of any note). 

The problem being, the research I've undertaken in the purchase of this guitar has led me to love guitars even more. It's good that they retain their value as I can see myself spending a fair amount of money on equipment in the near future. 

In desperate need of a tube amp now, been playing without for too long. 

I googled that Brunette

She spent much of her childhood in Bantry, Ireland

!!!!!

I also spent a lot of my childhood (holidays) in Bantry. Where the **** was she?!

Spending her childhood doing a Shannon Matthews impression so you didn't find her

It cheered me up on the bus home yesterday when I saw a girl wearing a Villa shirt - "Kelly 18". I like it when I see people around the town representing, it doesn't happen nearly often enough for my liking.

• Like 1

This belongs in the crap foods that you love to eat thread.

Still, :thumb:

There's nothing crap about ice cream <_<

White chocolate, on the other hand, is the devil's semen.
  • Like 1

The brunette in this video. Basically perfect (oh and it's also a tune)

We must have very similar taste in women.

There's got to be a Mrs Bof joke in here somewhere...

There's got to be a Mrs Bof joke in here somewhere...

I was aware of that possibility :lol:

This belongs in the crap foods that you love to eat thread.

Still, :thumb:

There's nothing crap about ice cream <_<

White chocolate, on the other hand, is the devil's semen.

You don't know what you're talking about. White chocolate > all other chocolate > American chocolate.

You don't know what you're talking about. White chocolate > all other chocolate > American chocolate.

I'd rather eat Hersheys than eat white chocolate. Honest to god, Hersheys!

You don't know what you're talking about. White chocolate > all other chocolate

Come the great purging, you should be amongst the first.

Try it. The Milky Bar Kid has my back

tumblr_li5b1es1Ia1qdjjmfo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

I'd rather eat Hersheys than eat white chocolate. Honest to god, Hersheys!

Close call. I dislike white chocolate pretty intensely, but... Thorntons' white chocolate truffles are actually quite tolerable, so I'd eat those ahead of Hersheys.

If it was between Hersheys and the execrable Milky Bar though, I'd have a real problem, both are equally disgusting.

I don't think 'good' or quality examples of white chocolate would improve it for me because it's the 'whiteness'* of the taste that I don't like. So if anything, making it 'even more whitey goodness' could make it worse for me. Just awful.

* hard to articulate

I don't think 'good' or quality examples of white chocolate would improve it for me because it's the 'whiteness'* of the taste that I don't like. So if anything, making it 'even more whitey goodness' could make it worse for me. Just awful.

* hard to articulate

No, I totally get it Brian. But have you tried the Thorntons? Seriously, you can't tell. The exception that proves the rule - they don't have that "whitey taste".

I haven't tried them because, let's face it, why would I in the normal course of events. I probably won't be either tbh.

Â