Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I wouldn't touch the midfield at all, Bannan and Ireland are hardly brilliant players in my opinion but they seem to work in the current system we have at the moment alongside Westwood.

Would be silly to change things when the midfield is starting to look better.

Clark and Westwood in midfield?! No creativity at all.

I think westwood seems quite capable of passing the ball forward to be honest. Besides he offers far more creativity then KEA or Delph. Just thinking Clark could do the dirtwork betther then the rest of our midfielders. You could always have Ireland or Bannan playing in front.

If we were to mimic the Chelsea system then we wouldn't need creativity in the holding two. Creativity would be down to the 3 attacking mids sitting behind Benteke. I'd rather have Delph in there than Clark but I don't think his lack of creativity would hold him back in that particular system.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of Liam Ridgewell when he was thrown in at the deep end under O'Leary back in 2005/2006. He gave away so many stupid freekicks, collected so many bookings and caused so many penalties against us. Not a week went by without him **** up somehow or another. Its too early to say whether he will go the same way as Ridgewell, bit I have my concerns that he just lacks the concentration and positioning to be a top class player, and he's getting booked far too much. If Vlaar is back this weekend, Clark should definitely be dropped, Baker looks twice the prospect Clark is.

Reminds me of Liam Ridgewell when he was thrown in at the deep end under O'Leary back in 2005/2006. He gave away so many stupid freekicks, collected so many bookings and caused so many penalties against us. Not a week went by without him **** up somehow or another. Its too early to say whether he will go the same way as Ridgewell, bit I have my concerns that he just lacks the concentration and positioning to be a top class player, and he's getting booked far too much. If Vlaar is back this weekend, Clark should definitely be dropped, Baker looks twice the prospect Clark is.

I don't see any of the Ridgewells about Clark - save for the bookings when he puts in an early reducer against the opposition. He's got a far better head on him at this age than Liam did.

Baker and Vlaar are too similar - I don't think they'd work well together.

• 4 weeks later...

Clark again looked at fault for 1st 2 goals today. ball watching with Benteke for Ramis goal and 2nd was miles away from the defence.

needs to be dropped when Baker and Vlaar are fit or another defender be bought

I think Clark has been poor in the last matches. He gives the ball away needlessly in dangerous positions, makes unnecessary free kicks and lose important headers.

Prime example was before Tottenham's second goal. He had three Villa options, but just hit an awkward pass straight at at Tottenham player and they counter attacked and scored.

Baker is better, imo.

Â