Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come off it Dem, one person to blame for that goal and that is Davies.

they both missed the header guzan is just at fault as curt is

what do you expect from someone that hasnt played a competitive game in almost a year? people want miracles?

No it was Curtis at fault.

I don't expect miracles but I do expect him to be the right side of the man he is marking and I do expect him to win a header now and again.

I like Curtis Dem you know that but when you open your mouth you better produce the goods and he hasn't, not by a long way.

The cross came in from a different angle though, had Davies been the first player, we would be sitting here moaning about how he wasn't goalside.

This wasn't a cross from wide areas where his man has got infront of him. He was pretty much in the right position given the angle of the cross.

Come off it Dem, one person to blame for that goal and that is Davies.

they both missed the header guzan is just at fault as curt is

what do you expect from someone that hasnt played a competitive game in almost a year? people want miracles?

I don't expect miracles but I do expect him to be the right side of the man he is marking and I do expect him to win a header now and again.

I like Curtis Dem you know that but when you open your mouth you better produce the goods and he hasn't, not by a long way.

He was at least goal side of his man but jumped very, very badly. IF Lichaj had been goal side of his man they would not have scored. Lichaj should have cleared up at the back post; that is the RB's job but he was way off.

Lichaj has been very poor everytime I've watched him, do they really think this kids going to make it? The defence are all over the place On a positive note Coker has been good and albrigton has shown in glimpses.

The kid must be brilliant in training or one of MONs pets to have gotten a 3 year contract.

In fairness to the kid, he played well against Bohemians in pre season.

I don't think Davies has been that bad...even the goal, the man he's marking is bigger than him and got the tiniest flick to the ball, he barely touched it.

He's getting the majority of the stick because he opened his mouth. Therefore has to walk the walk and has been poor so far and thus is getting stick (all IMO). Quite rightly so.

how about beyes postioning then ash? was that any better? it was a series of fuckups and i actually agree with what southgate just said playing a defence that ahs never palyed with each other this is the level of defending you will get

he should have played clark and curt in my view at cb

i agree though today he hasnt produced but when was his last game?

In a strange sort of homage to O'Neill, today we've played some nice football at times but been shit on set pieces. Is this football as irony?
We've also been playing a right back out of position as CB, which is the bit I like most. :)

(Well, actually, on reflection, I don't like. Don't like anything about the defence at all.)

In a strange sort of homage to O'Neill, today we've played some nice football at times but been shit on set pieces. Is this football as irony?
We've also been playing a right back out of position as CB, which is the bit I like most. :)

(Well, actually, on reflection, I don't like. Don't like anything about the defence at all.)

Beye played centre half for newcastle loads of times

Beye played centre half for newcastle loads of times

And Newcastle know all about great CB's. :lol: